Clinton Smokes Obama in Florida: Kennedy Endorsement Backfires. (1 Viewer)

The Dem turnout this year really is amazing and that doesn't bode well for Republicans come November.

I'm not at all sure that will carry over to November. The Dem battle is heated while the general sense seems to be that this isn't an inspiring field of Republican candidates. But Hillary Clinton is, in her own right, regarded as a polarizing candidate and the influence of either a woman or a black man in the race is very likely to energize the electorate for and against.

I may have missed it, but what is incredible is how the Clinton camp acts lilke this IS a victory.
Are they trying to anger as many people as they can?

The Clintons are practically acting as if they are a separate party unto themselves...the Clinton Party.

And yes, I think y'all are quite right. They're ticking off a lot of people.

The Clintons will self implode. I think when allis said and done, Hillary doesn't have a chance. So long as Obama doesn't screw it up, he should come out on top. Of course, as my avitar shows, I am biased in my opinion.

The Clintons will self implode. I think when allis said and done, Hillary doesn't have a chance. So long as Obama doesn't screw it up, he should come out on top. Of course, as my avitar shows, I am biased in my opinion.

I thought you meant Hope, Arkansas...Clintonista!

Hey I was a fan of Bill Clinton, and I was considering supporting Hillary, but they've turned me off, and I was leaning toward Obama anyway. They've just made my decision easier. It's a shame, because although I think Hillary is polarizing, I think she's sensible, and would be a good advisor to the president, like she was for Bill.

The demographics of Florida explain the McCain win and the Clinton beauty contest preference--the Hispanic and over 65 segments of the elctorate are very large, the black and under 30 segments of the electorate are relatively small, and I saw some older data that Jewish voters were breaking heavily for Clinton because of concerns over what Obama's foreign policy in the Middle East would be (we'll find out next week in New York, New Jersey and California whether this is true).

No delegates were at stake so the Dems didn't campaign in Florida.

As for the Kennedy endorsement, why would one expect that to have a major effect less than 24 hours after the announcement?

So who gives a rat's ***? Her victory is completely hollow.

:plus-un2: Yep, her so called "victory" didnt mean squat.....

As Meaux pointed out...most of us Florida Dems still voted due to the property tax amendment that was on the ballot.

Last edited:
Hillary is going to court to claim the Michigan and Florida delegates as her own. this can be like 1964, when a black mississippi delegation was refused seating at the Democratic convention. A repeat would make for excellent summer viewing not witnessed since Chicago in 1968.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_Freedom_Democratic_Party

Last edited:
She whipped him pretty good and defeated him 52% to 32%. I guess Obamas inspiration that JFK had which made the Kennedys endorse him didn't inspire the voters.

FLA is a little different demographically.

There are a lot of retired New Yorkers in FLA and a heavy Jewish vote, which all went Clinton.

Let' wait and see.

Hillary is going to court to claim the Michigan and Florida delegates as her own. this can be like 1964, when a black mississippi delegation was refused seating at the Democratic convention. A repeat would make for excellent summer viewing not witnessed since Chicago in 1968.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_Freedom_Democratic_Party

I don't understand how she's claiming that she's entitled to these delegates when they knew from the start that these places weren't going to count? Its not like they yanked them right before she won.

I don't understand how she's claiming that she's entitled to these delegates when they knew from the start that these places weren't going to count? Its not like they yanked them right before she won.

They are the Clinton's. They are entitled to all your base.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom