Colorado to offer free college application fees [Mod Edit] (1 Viewer)

And also New Mexico trying, I believe thanks to erl. Fracking erl.

The governor announced Wednesday that she will seek legislative approval for a $35 million-a-year program that would guarantee New Mexico high school graduates’ free tuition and fees at any of the state’s 24 college institutions.

Colorado students can apply to the state's technical schools, community colleges and public universities for free on Oct. 15, Gov. Jared Polis announced Friday in a video released by the Colorado Department of Higher Education.
All 32 of the state's public colleges are participating, along with select private schools.

Colorado students can apply to the state's technical schools, community colleges and public universities for free on Oct. 15, Gov. Jared Polis announced Friday in a video released by the Colorado Department of Higher Education.
All 32 of the state's public colleges are participating, along with select private schools.

Waiving the application fee for a specified time [edit: one (1) day] and providing free tuition are two totally different things. I think there were some people in this thread talking about weed?

This thread:

source.gif

On a side note, I suspect this GIF might be part of the partying BobE is always sorry for. :hihi:

Imagine that there are people out there that get angry with the idea of free tuition.

"No, I want to suffer and watch you all suffer with me".

Tuition free university is long overdue in this country. It'd be an economic boon like no trickle-down evangelist has seen.

Tuition free university is long overdue in this country. It'd be an economic boon like no trickle-down evangelist has seen.

Agree. This is one thing about the US that still confound me

Why do such an advanced country want to squander its most important ressource - namely its citizents?

Why only utilize the top x% of its talent - how many potentially brilliant scientists, doctors or inovators are lost due to lack of funds to get the necessary education?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom