Colorado to offer free college application fees [Mod Edit] (1 Viewer)

Good for Colorado. It’s nice to see States implement plans without federal assistance.

Louisiana’s been doing it for over 30 years.

Imo, if states want to spend their money this way, I have no problem with it. Students ought to be rewarded for their high academic achievements.

Last edited:
Good for Colorado. It’s nice to see States implement plans without federal assistance.

Louisiana’s been doing it for over 30 years.

Imo, if states want to spend their money this way, I have no problem with it. Students ought to be rewarded for their high academic achievements.

#StatesRights

Not only rewarding for the student, but the state gets the opportunity to retain those grads.

Its a win win.

Agree. This is one thing about the US that still confound me

Why do such an advanced country want to squander its most important ressource - namely its citizents?

Why only utilize the top x% of its talent - how many potentially brilliant scientists, doctors or inovators are lost due to lack of funds to get the necessary education?

Because higher ed is big business!!! Too much green........sad but true.

Agree. This is one thing about the US that still confound me

Why do such an advanced country want to squander its most important ressource - namely its citizents?

Why only utilize the top x% of its talent - how many potentially brilliant scientists, doctors or inovators are lost due to lack of funds to get the necessary education?
I don;t think the top percent of talent in the U.S. are cutting their education short because of money.
The problem is the middle tier of kids who can get into colleges but cannot get the scholarships and aid packages that top tier kids get.

I don;t think the top percent of talent in the U.S. are cutting their education short because of money.
The problem is the middle tier of kids who can get into colleges but cannot get the scholarships and aid packages that top tier kids get.
I think you’re straying into difficult territory depending on what tier means to you
There are plenty of people who don’t have much demonstrated talent coming out of high school (maybe there is only one subject they are good at or HS just bored them to tears) and get to college and really turn on
College offers WAY more topics to study than HS

I think you’re straying into difficult territory depending on what tier means to you
There are plenty of people who don’t have much demonstrated talent coming out of high school (maybe there is only one subject they are good at or HS just bored them to tears) and get to college and really turn on
College offers WAY more topics to study than HS
For the most part brilliant scientists or doctors are going to show great aptitude in high school. Innovators? Maybe not. There are innovators in fields that don't do well academically - and often don't even need college.

Further, the U.S. does a good job - certainly better than Denmark - in getting our students a university education. So I am not sure why the focus is on lack of access due to costs as it is the burden of costs itself.

I just love how intoxicated people get when they hear the word "free". Fun to watch emotion take over rational thought.

I think it would be awesome if a state decided to have "free" higher education. Not because its a good idea, but because we can see how it would compare to states that don't do it in regards to price and quality of education.

Why do we need any of this stuff on a national level?
free healthcare
free education
minimum wage
licensing of African hair braiding
etc.

In fact if a state wants to secede completely that would be fine also if that is what the people in the state want.

I think it would be awesome if a state decided to have "free" higher education. Not because its a good idea, but because we can see how it would compare to states that don't do it in regards to price and quality of education.

Why do we need any of this stuff on a national level?
free healthcare
free education
minimum wage
licensing of African hair braiding
etc.

In fact if a state wants to secede completely that would be fine also if that is what the people in the state want.

I think everything everywhere should be free. All of it all of the time in all places. That'd for sure be best. All of the people should have all of the things forever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom