Comparisons of Brady, Brees and Manning (1 Viewer)

Just a thought I had while perusing this thread- I wonder how good of friends Brees and Manning are? I'm sure they socialized while in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl, but now that Brees has bought an Uptown home near the Manning family, and has taken Peyton's hometown franchise on his shoulders, I wonder what their conversations are like. I haven't seen this written about, does anyone know what type of relationship, if any, they have?

Brees did practice with Manning when he played for the Boilermakers.

On another note: some of us Charger fans lost respect for Brady after he refused to congratulate Brees on his win over the Pats last year and his being a baby in response to our team's victory.

Just a thought I had while perusing this thread- I wonder how good of friends Brees and Manning are? I'm sure they socialized while in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl, but now that Brees has bought an Uptown home near the Manning family, and has taken Peyton's hometown franchise on his shoulders, I wonder what their conversations are like. I haven't seen this written about, does anyone know what type of relationship, if any, they have?

Archie is his neighbor and recommended the construction crew that Brees used for his home. They must talk some. I also know that I read somewhere that Archie recommended the house Brees bought.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/31/s...rss&adxnnlx=1163308529-BG2An1gNjxfpdoRJoeQy8Q

Brees did practice with Manning when he played for the Boilermakers.

On another note: some of us Charger fans lost respect for Brady after he refused to congratulate Brees on his win over the Pats last year and his being a baby in response to our team's victory.

Interesting....

You wouldn't think of Brady that way. What exactly happened?

When you lost a game, you normally would get very frustrated. It may be just human nature that he reacted to that particular situation. Please don't make a stamp on Brady's character just for one such incident.

Do you guys ever watch football in the post season? Remember him put up only 3 points in the 1st 3 quarters at home to Pittsburgh last January. Remember him score only 3 points the entire game with a longest reception of 18 yards the year before with Randall Gay as a starting CB? (Manning threw 49 TDs that year and was actually God at that point). I remember Brees going into the RCA Dome and snapping the Colts 13-0 start. Manning cannot deal with the 3-4. Anyone who wants to argue that beating Denver and the Patriots the last 2 weeks changes the trend of the past go ahead, but the Colts beat Pittsburgh and the Patriots last year. I confidently predict that the Chargers will beat the Colts in the 2nd week of the playoffs. LT will ruin their awful run defense and light out will cause havoc for Manning. Book this page, the Chargers will knock out the Colts in the playoffs at the RCA

Interesting stats. Question: We all know that Manning and Brady get into the probowl this year but, does Brees if he continues this play throughout the rest of the year? If so, what other NFC qb's get in also? (Besides the great Vick)

Brees and Peyton have been friendly since his Purdue days. Peyton was gracious enough to have him visit in Indy and work out with him. They have kept in touch at least somewhat according to a radio interview Brees gave last year in SD.

Here's one interesting stat on head-to-head games: I believe a Brees-led team has never been beaten by a Brady-led team in the NFL, and I believe the record is 2-0.

I also think Brees is 1-1 against Payton.

I was watching the Chargers-NE game last year - Drew had one of his best games ever, while Brady had struggled. The Pats pulled Brady at the end and played their back-up. Thay may have been why Brady was upset and ran off the field at the end without congratulating Brees.

When you lost a game, you normally would get very frustrated. It may be just human nature that he reacted to that particular situation. Please don't make a stamp on Brady's character just for one such incident.

Actually, 2 such incidents. He did the same thing when the Colts beat them last year.

Do you guys ever watch football in the post season? Remember him put up only 3 points in the 1st 3 quarters at home to Pittsburgh last January. Remember him score only 3 points the entire game with a longest reception of 18 yards the year before with Randall Gay as a starting CB? (Manning threw 49 TDs that year and was actually God at that point). I remember Brees going into the RCA Dome and snapping the Colts 13-0 start. Manning cannot deal with the 3-4. Anyone who wants to argue that beating Denver and the Patriots the last 2 weeks changes the trend of the past go ahead, but the Colts beat Pittsburgh and the Patriots last year. I confidently predict that the Chargers will beat the Colts in the 2nd week of the playoffs. LT will ruin their awful run defense and light out will cause havoc for Manning. Book this page, the Chargers will knock out the Colts in the playoffs at the RCA

But what we are talking about here are individual skills, not team outcome. The inability of the Colts D had a lot to do with that low scoring output as did the TOP. But the OP did a nice job of breaking down the specific passer oriented abilities of each QB & the discussion is about that, not wins and losses - although you might be able to include that under Leadership.

NO, IMHO, you can't look at a couple of games, but must look at the entire body of work for these three QBs in order to rate their abilities. If not, then you could say that Manning was far superior to Brady because the Colts beat them the last 2 times they played them, especially considering the number of Ints he threw last week. And that is not why Peyton is a better passer than Brady.

JMO.

Last edited:
Here's one interesting stat on head-to-head games: I believe a Brees-led team has never been beaten by a Brady-led team in the NFL, and I believe the record is 2-0.

I also think Brees is 1-1 against Payton.

Brees detroyed NE last year at NE, but NE won a year earlier.

Last edited:
Interesting stats. Question: We all know that Manning and Brady get into the probowl this year but, does Brees if he continues this play throughout the rest of the year? If so, what other NFC qb's get in also? (Besides the great Vick)

You must be kidding. Probowl is a lock. If Saints keep winning with one of the toughest schedule in the league, and Brees have a few more oppotunities to show the nation, he might just get that MVP.

Brees detroyed NE last year at NE, but NE won a year earlier.

Nope, not true. The Chargers beat NE two times with Brees starting at QB. Once in 05 and once in 02. I just looked it up. :)

Going back to college: Brees is 3-1 against Brady-led teams since Purdue split with Michigan the 2 years Brady started for them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom