Congratulations Are In Order For Saints Rookie Kicker Blake Grupe (3 Viewers)

I wish we still had Morstead, but it was a salary thing with him. I see a lot of people not liking Hedley, but he's a different punter. Directional guy. Not gonna get the 60 yard booming punts all the time. I think he's been fine, but that's just me.

Congratulations, Atta Boy, And Hats Off Are All In Order For Saints Kicker Blake Grupe!

Blake Grupe Set the Saints All-Time Franchise Rookie Record For Most FGs Made in a Single Game in Week 12 against Atlanta when he Made 5 FGs. The 5 FGs Made in a Single Game also Tied Grupe for the Saints All-Time Franchise Record with Morten Andersen, Jon Carney, and Charlie Durkee.

Grupe set the Saints All-Time Franchise Record For a Rookie for FG Attempts in a Single Season in Week 17 against the Bucs with his 35th Attempt of the Season. He still has 1 game remaining in the season to add to that record number. (Will Lutz previously held the Rookie Record with 34 Attempts in 2016.)

Grupe Tied the Saints All-Time Franchise Record For a Rookie for FGs Made in a Single Season in Week 17 against the Bucs with his 28th Made FG of the Season. He still has 1 game remaining to Break the Record and Add to His Total. (Will Lutz Made 28 FGs as a Rookie in 2016)

Grupe Tied the Saints All-Time Franchise Record For a Rookie for FGs Made in a Single Season from between 40-49 Yards with his 8th such kick when he Made a 45 yarder in Week 17 against the Bucs. (Will Lutz Made 8 such FGs in 2016 as a Rookie Kicker) Grupe has One More Game to Add to His Total and Own The Record Outright.

Grupe Already Broke the Saints All-Time Franchise Record For Most FGs Made as a Rookie from 40+ Yards out. He added to that with a 45 Yarder against the Bucs in Week 17, raising his total to 14. (As a Rookie Will Lutz Made 11 FGs from 40+Yards out.) Grupe has one more game to add to His Total Rookie Record number.

The Saints All-Time Franchise Record For Most FGs Made from 40+ Yards Out in a Single Season is 17, by Will Lutz in 2017.
Grupe is currently Tied for 2nd in Saints All-Time Franchise History in a Single Season with Morten Andersen, who made 14 FGs from 40+ Yards Out in 1985. Grupe has one more game to add to his total.

Grupe Broke the Saints All-Time Rookie Franchise Record For FGs Made from 50+ Yards out in Week 9 of the 2023 Season against the Bears when he Made a 55 Yarder in the 3rd Quarter to Break a Tied Game. It was his 4th Made FG from 50+ Yards out on the year. (Will Lutz previously held the Rookie Record with 3 Made 50+ Yarders in 2016) Grupe has since extended his Rookie Record to 6 Made 50+ Yarders. He has one more game to Add To His Record.

Grupe now has 6 Made FGs of 50+ Yards Out which is a Saints All-Time Single Season Franchise Record. (Will Lutz Made 4 FGs of 50+ Yards out in a Single Season twice, in 2017 and 2022.) Grupe has one more game to add to His All-Time Franchise Record numbers.

Grupe has a Long Made FG of 55 Yards so far which is the 2nd Longest Made FG by a Saints Rookie Kicker in Franchise History. (Will Lutz Made a 57 Yarder as a Saints Rookie Kicker in 2016.) Grupe has one more game as a Rookie.

In Week 5 of the 2023 Season, Blake Grupe Made 2 FGs of 50+ Yards in the same game against the Patriots. That hadn't been done in almost 20 Years in the NFL. The Only other Saints Kicker to accomplish that feat was Morten Anderson in 1995. Blake Grupe is the First and Only Saints Rookie Kicker To Do It. He now holds the Saints All-Time Rookie Record for this. (edited to include on behalf of Chris)

Grupe has been the Most Accurate Saints Rookie Kicker in Franchise History for Made Extra Points to date. So far, He Has Made 34 out of 34 Extra Points, 100%. (Will Lutz Made 98% of his Extra Point Attempts as a Rookie in 2016, the Best Ever so far in a Rookie Season.)

Blake Grupe was 3 out of 3 in his most recent outing against the Bucs. Perfect! 100%!

Grupe has taken a lot of heat 🥵 for some of his early season misses, especially the 47-yard miss against the Packers that could have won the game after the Saints blew a 17-point 4th quarter lead. His overall accuracy has been criticized at 80%, however, most people who do that don't consider he has been asked to attempt 9 FGs beyond 50 yards out so far in which he has made 66% of them, bringing his overall percentage down.

It seems to me that Fans are Quick to Dismiss Grupe due to His Small Size and Teenage Appearance.

He's Been Fan Bullied.

A lot of folks here are Guilty of it. There's been "Cut Grupe" threads. Even 🦌 Head Coach Dennis Allen brought in kickers for tryouts the week after Grupe Made 5 of 6 FGs against Atlanta, only missing a desperation 54-yard attempt that he was rushed out onto the field late at the end of the game. Of all things, veteran kicker Mason Crosby was one of the tryout kickers D.A. brought in. Crosby missed a 54-yard attempt at the end of the Giants/Rams game yesterday while kicking for the Giants. Had he made that kick, it would have drastically improved the Saints playoff chances as the Rams play at S.F. next week. Closing the year out with 2 straight losses the Rams probably don't make the playoffs. Instead, the Crosby miss cemented the Rams position as a wildcard playoff team.

How can Grupe Make it Stop and Demand the Respect He Deserves?

Solutions:

1. Continue to quiet the haters by making kicks. (Obvious)
2. Put a Large Sock in his Jock every day, including Gameday.
3. Wear a Fake Handlebar Mustache on Gameday.
4. Get a Bullnose Ring (ala AK41).

5. Wear a few fake Tear Drop Tattoos under his Eyes on Gameday.
6. Wear one of DD's Arm Leaves! (St4ever)
7. (Wear one of DD's Arm Leaves!) On his kicking leg? (RJS)
8. (Wear one of DD's Arm Leaves!) Didn't realize DD was a tree.😁 (Grumpy Old Manatee)

9. I think that if he does a great dance to "it's tricky" by run dmc after a game winner, then slept with a BBW with really really big cheetah panties, then that would command much respect. Road trip movie reference. (syracuse saint)
10. (Wear one of DD's Arm Leaves!) Wear It Like A Fig Leaf Around The Locker Room!
11. Black Out one of His Front Teeth on Gameday!
12. Borrow and Wear Payton Turners Shoulder Pads On Gameday! Someone might as well use them!
13. Wear a Leather Helmet on Gameday!
14. Wear an Old School Kickers Helmet on Gameday, one with a Single Bar!
15. Wear a Pair of Gameday Pants with One Long Leg and One Leg in Shorts Like Carrie Underwood does for SNF! (tip of the hat to Madmarsha.)

That's all I got. Anybody else got some suggestions on how this young man can get some

R

E
S
P
E
C
T
?????????????
Still don't trust him bring back Hartley

I’m not sure if all fan bases are like this but it sure doesn’t take much to get Saints fans excited

They were both more than serviceable, but...
That qualifies as a Hats Off comment. Noted.
I hope Grupe goes through puberty before next season! LOL
A stab at humor or just a reality check? lol
Your quip has been added to my OP.
Thanks for playing along in the spirit of this thread!

Last edited:
The only stats I really care about for kickers are FG percentage and how they are doing on pressure kicks. Grupe has had a lot of opportunities this year because to his credit he has started the entire year and because the Carr led offense bogs down around the redzone. It’s a statistic of opportunity. But to his credit he earned those opportunities. He struggled a bit early in the season but the Saints kept with him. Not enough pressure kicks to say anything there. It’s really hard to get too invested into the future of any kicker. They tend to be interchangeable for the most part. It wouldn’t be surprised if he has a solid career moving forward, or he’s replaced next year. It can go either way because that’s the nature of the position.

I'm not comfortable with any kicker, but more comfortable with Grupe than our other kickers in the past several years. Do I want to see him perform well? Yes, I would like him to kick 100% on extra points, and 100% on FGs, 0/0.

I’m not sure if all fan bases are like this but it sure doesn’t take much to get Saints fans excited

I'm Curious To Know What You Think.

What would it take for You, as a Saints Fan, to get Excited about a Saints Rookie Player and Their Achievements, or at least be Willing to Say Congratulations?

Can You Recall, Who and When, was the Last Saints Rookie Player
to Break 6 Saints Rookie Records, who has Also Tied 2 Saints Rookie Records (with one game left and still a chance to own those two outright and increase his total rookie record count to 8, and is on pace to set another, to possibly increase his total rookie record count to 9), who has Also Tied at least 1 Saints All-Time Franchise Record, who has Also Set at least 1 Saints All-Time Franchise Record, and has Accomplished Something that No Other Saints Player has done in almost 20 years?

A better query would be if all other fan bases would get Less Excited as Saints Fans do about their Rookie Player setting and/or tying multiple Franchise and League All-Time Records.

Just Wondering. I Highly Doubt It.

I'm Curious To Know What You Think.

What would it take for You, as a Saints Fan, to get Excited about a Saints Rookie Player and Their Achievements, or at least be Willing to Say Congratulations?

Can You Recall, Who and When, was the Last Saints Rookie Player
to Break 6 Saints Rookie Records, who has Also Tied 2 Saints Rookie Records (with one game left and still a chance to own those two outright and increase his total rookie record count to 8, and is on pace to set another, to possibly increase his total rookie record count to 9), who has Also Tied at least 1 Saints All-Time Franchise Record, who has Also Set at least 1 Saints All-Time Franchise Record, and has Accomplished Something that No Other Saints Player has done in almost 20 years?

A better query would be if all other fan bases would get Less Excited as Saints Fans do about their Rookie Player setting and/or tying multiple Franchise and League All-Time Records.

Just Wondering. I Highly Doubt It.
Dude should’ve been cut mid season. Only reason he broke 1 record is because this coaching staff is inept and kept him. I’m not excited about a kicker that should be unemployed

I think that it would be a mistake to get rid of him at this point. He was good and will be a very good kicker some day.

I think that if he does a great dance to "it's tricky" by run dmc after a game winner, then slept with a BBW with really really big cheetah panties, then that would command much respect. Road trip movie reference.

7e4d54cc-0e1b-4bfc-9046-152215e2218a_screenshot-3442358476.jpg
Great Movie

This would be like when John Fourcade asked Mike Ditka if he could come back to the team.

Which is a real thing that happened -

And the crazier part is Fourcade may have actually been a better option than the Ode To Billy Joe Tolliver that Ditka rode with after the Ode To Billy Joe Holbert went down. Ditka was a 🤡 as Head Coach of the Saints. He was lucky he had Buddy Ryan and Walter Payton when he was the Bears HC. Legendary Player! Legend In His Own Mind Head Coach!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom