Cop Week Again In D.C. (1 Viewer)

gaminerie

...if you like saxophones
Reaction score
So every year, a couple weekends before 500,000 bikers/veterans/family members start showing up for Rolling Thunder at Memorial Day, there is a convergence of police which comes to DC to honor those killed or hurt in the line of duty, and join together for general comraderie.

i walk to and from my office each morning and evening, so i've run into a few of them, given them directions, etc. IMO the Honolulu cops seemed the happiest and most easygoing :D

Most of them are pretty well-behaved, but there are always exceptions.

:)

MPD To Visiting Brethren: Behave

D.C. Council member Tommy Wells received an e-mail from one resident who complained about someone playing bagpipes until 2 a.m., said Wells spokesman Charles Allen.

i think this happened in Chinatown.

Late Tuesday, hundreds of officers crowded the sidewalks outside bars two blocks from the Capitol, many with badges around their necks and open containers of alcohol in their hands.

"We want to remind them that their conduct needs to be professional and what the laws in D.C. are," Lanier said. She said she didn't want some people's behavior to tarnish an otherwise "very dignified event."

Some of them were checking out of their hotels this morning. Good group of guys from what i saw. But then that was at like 8:30 in the morning. :) i don't guess rowdy Cop Spring Breakers check out at 8:30 in the morning.

Last edited:

I see you have run in to a few Texan police officers eh ? LOL
Beware badges that say either Travis or Williamson county ! And please, whatever you do, don't walk up to them singing the COPS theme song by Inner Circle. They get that all the time.

:rock:

I see you have run in to a few Texan police officers eh ? LOL
Beware badges that say either Travis or Williamson county ! And please, whatever you do, don't walk up to them singing the COPS theme song by Inner Circle. They get that all the time.

:rock:

Actually it was the Jersey guys

w00t!

Though from the linked article, it looks like the Boston and NYPD represent.

Gotta stay away from NYPD though. Every Manhattan cop i have ever talked to, i have asked the same question. "So, they issue you a wife with the badge?" and every time the answer has been the same. "Pretty much."

So every year, the weekend before 500,000 bikers/veterans/family members show up for Rolling Thunder at Memorial Day, there is a convergence of police which comes to DC to honor those killed or hurt in the line of duty, and join together for general comraderie.

i walk to and from my office each morning and evening, so i've run into a few of them, given them directions, etc. IMO the Honolulu cops seemed the happiest and most easygoing :D

MPD To Visiting Brethren: Behave

i think this happened in Chinatown.

Some of them were checking out of their hotels this morning. Good group of guys from what i saw. But then that was at like 8:30 in the morning. :) i don't guess rowdy Cop Spring Breakers check out at 8:30 in the morning.
So, did your po po-loving friend find a date?

So, did your po po-loving friend find a date?

Oh she's been exclusive with a Virginia state trooper since like September of last year.

i remember about exactly when she started seeing him because i really NEEDED her as wingman for an NYC trip, and she ruined everything for me that weekend because she wouldn't come with.

Her trooper is posted on DUI detail this Saturday night, so we are going to a glam/drag "29th birthday party" in her neighborhood:noevil:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom