Could the Bears actually help the Saints attain the #1 Seed as in 2009? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The Saints had the number #1 seed in our sights in 2009 until they lost two straight to the Cowboys and Bucs. The Bears ended up beating the Vikings on MNF to help the Saints clinch the 1 seed and the rest is history. Could the same sort of history repeat itself as we're hoping for the Bears to take out another NFC North opponent? Of course the Saints have to take care of their own business and beat the Panthers.

#1 has huge benefits. Never have to travel and one less game to play. That's a huge advantage.

Let's see if the Bears can finally win a playoff game. It's win and move on or lose and go home for them.

I just don't think it's a good idea to lose a chance at a benefit. Each higher seed is better than the seed below it.

SFIAH

#1 has huge benefits. Never have to travel and one less game to play. That's a huge advantage.

Let's see if the Bears can finally win a playoff game. It's win and move on or lose and go home for them.

I just don't think it's a good idea to lose a chance at a benefit. Each higher seed is better than the seed below it.

SFIAH

SFIAH

Well, technically it’s not lose or go home. They could lose and still get in at 8-8 if the Rams win. But yes, let’s see if they can win another big game this year.

SFIAH

true dat. But going back a few weeks there was a ton of some and gloom around here and people saying we were done if we don’t get the one seed. I can assure you that isn’t how our guys feel. The chips will fall where they may and our guys will go in with an us against the world attitude. That’s the part that will be just like 2009.

Don't get your hopes up because Aaron Rodgers wasn't the QB that the Bears will be facing on Sunday.

The NFL is going to do whatever has to be done to make sure that the golden boy gets every bounce and every break they can give him.

Truly would not mind getting #2 seed, get to host all 3 home games when TB beats GB in the divisional round, AND getting an opportunity to see the refs get confused as hell when having to end up siding with GB or TB in that game

Am I the only one that's worried more about the seahawks beating the niners. Seahawks offense has been hot garbage lately and niners have been playing hard. Will not surprise me if saints win, bears win and seahawks lose.

To answer the question: H E to the double 🏒NO! AR in his career vs Bears is 18-5, GB just signed Snacks & are playing as the best team in the NFL. They're clicking on all cylinders to get the #1 seed. Prove me wrong! (So hoping this post goes left).

Right, this year's Bears team is better than 09 Bears.

One similarity though is both matchups were divisional games. Records are less likely to matter in division games (and a reason we should still be cautious about our own matchup w/ CAR even if they are sitting some important people). Plus, the Packers are the Bears' most hated rival, so it's like a NOR/ATL thing. They'll fight each other tooth nail even if one team's 13-2 and the other's 2-13.

Very nice recollection there.

Bears were a huge underdog, probably more so than this upcoming game vs the Packers.

If they don't upset the Vikings, we don't get to the Super Bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom