Could the Saints end up with any tie games this year (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The NFL is a strange game and filled with weird things from time to time. The way the Saints are playing and how close some of our game have been,especailly the Philly game 2 weeks ago, is their a possibility that their could be a tie between any team the Saints play the rest of the season?

I dont like tie games becuase its a better way of saying you didnt lose or a worse way of saying you didnt really win, in fact it was a great game and filled with two teams that didnt want to lose.

Could that happen to us this year? Could the Saints get a tie this season?

How would you react if it did happen this week agianst Baltimore or any other team this year?

WE have had tie games in our past, in the 1971 season with 2

Anything could happen, but it's only a remote possibility Saintman. If I were betting on whether or not we'd end up in a tie game, I'd bet against it. Personally, I can't stand the NCAA's version of the tie-breaker. I'd rather you get your shot at overtime, and if it's still tied after that point, you live on to fight another day. JMO.

TPS

I agree TPS. It is REMOTE possibility. To end up with a tie, the teams would have to go the final few minutes of the game without some deciding score- and then an entire overtime period without a field goal. That basically means the ball has to stay in between the 30's, or a rash of missed kicks or penalties prevent the score. But with the sudden death system, in which a field goal wins the game, I just don't think a tie is going to happen. Note that in 1972, when the Saints had two ties- the suddden death system was not in play. If the 4th quarter expired with a tied score, the teams got a tie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_death

If by some chance in Hades that it does, then we'll just have to deal with it.

Yes. There is usually a tie every season.

Last time there wasn't a tie was like 2015 I think.

who you trying to Rick Roll with this 2006 thread wnelson?

It friggin popped up lol I didn't look at the date hahaha

šŸ˜³

Attachments

• 5FB05078-EDF9-4C4F-BD5E-01F2D49C1728.jpeg
    5FB05078-EDF9-4C4F-BD5E-01F2D49C1728.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 10

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom