Could this Really Happen? (1 Viewer)

Seriously, though, if we drafted Run-DMC, I would throw a brick through my teevee and commit hate crimes against small, cute, furry animals. Well, not really, but you get my point.

I've also heard that McFadden may fall.. only because that's what RBs do... hindisght is 20/20 I guess, but had folks know Adrian Peterson would have this kind of year he would have gone #1.

RBs are a dime a dozen...

Not that I think drafting mac fadden would be a totally bad thing, but, IMO, we need defense.

Seriously, though, if we drafted Run-DMC, I would throw a brick through my teevee and commit hate crimes against small, cute, furry animals. Well, not really, but you get my point.

Come on, really?

If McFadden was there at # 10, and nobody gave the Saints a sweet deal to move into the 10th spot, would you really be that upset if we took him?

I know we need defense as bad as anybody, but adding a guy like McFadden at the # 10 spot would be a real value.

I would be mad be mad if we took him over a guy like Gholston, but the Bengals would be idiots to pick Dan Conner over Gholston anyways.

Come on, really?

If McFadden was there at # 10, and nobody gave the Saints a sweet deal to move into the 10th spot, would you really be that upset if we took him?

I know we need defense as bad as anybody, but adding a guy like McFadden at the # 10 spot would be a real value.

I would be mad be mad if we took him over a guy like Gholston, but the Bengals would be idiots to pick Dan Conner over Gholston anyways.

I stated that it wouldn't be a totally bad thing to draft him. But, we need to address the glaring holes on defense first, IMO. Any other year and I would be ecstatic, but not this year. Again, JMO. FWIW, I think he'll be a great RB.

If we don't draft defense this year I'm going to flip out.

Only if the Cowboys are willing to give up their two #1's and a third next year. But, he is one of the few impact players in this years draft

now, don't get me wrong, we definitley need defense this year. BUT, if ellis, dorsey, and rivers are gone, there is nothing defensive worth taking at #10. (we don't need DE's and that's all that could possibly be there. there are no CB's or LB's (besides rivers) worth taking at 10.) SO, adding mcfadden to our backfield would be sorta fun. it would be like having a faster deuce before the first injury along with bush. that would be somewhat ridiculous and out passing game would be opened up so so much.

I do think i would be sick if we made this move though. i would make a deal to pick up a 2nd or 3rd year prime time defender if possible. if we don't get 2 or 3 playmakers on defense, it will be the same thing all over again.

The combination of paying McFadden, Bush, and Thomas along with the cap hit from releasing McAllister would probably prohibit the Saints from doing much in free agency.

I don't like it. Any other year I would probably like it but I would rather trade down and not get value than eat up the cap with nothing but running backs.

The combination of paying McFadden, Bush, and Thomas along with the cap hit from releasing McAllister would probably prohibit the Saints from doing much in free agency.

I don't like it. Any other year I would probably like it but I would rather trade down and not get value than eat up the cap with nothing but running backs.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I really hope that if it came to that, it was not Sean Payton making the final choice.

I can just picture him, giddy with glee, with DeSean Jackson on one side, and Darren McFadden on the other. *shudders*

No, I trust him enough to trade out of there. Maybe not to Dallas, maybe Seattle or a team needing a RB. Maybe Seattle's 08 and 09 firsts and 08 second.

If we get no takers, Gholston is the pick. He would have more of an impact on our pass rush than McFadden would ever have on our running game.

Well if the CBA isn't addressed and resolved soon you won't have to worry about a salary cap....there won't be one after next year, LOL.

I think I will just hold my breathe when we get on the clock and hope for the best.

We could try the "Wild-Hog" formation at the NFL level and if it works...

McFadden in the shotgun with Reggie on one side and PT on the other, with Colston and Meach out wide.

And I could create myself and play in the game too! We're talking about in Madden, right? Surely no one would suggest really doing that in the NFL? If so, you may have a future coaching the Atlanta Falcons.

if he's there @ 10 and we can't get great value for the pick, how can you *not* choose him? he's the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd best player in the draft, depending on who you ask... he'd definitely be BPA @ 10

I'd vomit in my mouth immediately, then convince myself that it was a great pick, than realize that my vomiting was the correct reaction when we have the 32nd ranked defense next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom