Could We possiblly get Joe Haden through trade with his current contract? What would we trade? (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Joe's base salary is $10,100,000? Since this is half way through the season. We would only accounted for little over half right?

I say package a 2017 3rd and conditional 2018 second. That seems like the most fair trade in my opinion. I don't see Saints trading Ingram.

teams normally do not trade player for player, its draft picks teams want for their player

so probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder is what they would expect, as a huge contract is hard to move

3 years left on his contract after this year, 11.1, 11.1, and 10.4 million, respectively (approximately 15 million guaranteed money still left after this season)

I don't think we'll make the move but it would be nice to have Haden on one side and Breaux on the other. Not sure how it would impact the cap down the line though but if it can be done I'd love it.

I doubt they'd trade Ingram too, I think his benching today was to prove a point as much as anything. Hightower has been solid for us but I still think the saints see Ingram as their lead back, at least for the rest of this season.

I don't think we'll make the move but it would be nice to have Haden on one side and Breaux on the other. Not sure how it would impact the cap down the line though but if it can be done I'd love it.

I doubt they'd trade Ingram too, I think his benching today was to prove a point as much as anything. Hightower has been solid for us but I still think the saints see Ingram as their lead back, at least for the rest of this season.

Well, the one thing great about trading is that we won't be on the hook for dead money. So, we can cut him with no repercussions.

I'm positive we will make the right call on this whatever the outcome. No doubt Aaron Glenn will have a bit of input and insight into this.

We're playing mostly a zone heavy scheme which demphasizes the CB position
So long as you have 1 good lock down CB. Breaux. Likely not happening but could possibly see us use a high rounder on another Dline addition which is the meat of this defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom