Cowher's stubbornness will cause Steelers' loss Sunday. (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:
I don't think we can just assume that he will still have the same problems turning the ball over this week just because he did last week. He is a dangerous return man and we will definately need to put him on the ground quick on special teams.

Cowher has been coaching in this league way too long , and is not a losing coach. I will be surprised if we leave Pittsburg with a "W"

then again everyone loves surprises

I don't think we can just assume that he will still have the same problems turning the ball over this week just because he did last week. He is a dangerous return man and we will definately need to put him on the ground quick on special teams.

Just last week?

Hardly!...

"...His progress as a wide receiver has been overshadowed by the recurring problem that has fans all but covering their eyes when he is returning a kickoff or a punt."

Holmes' hiccups

Here is a look at Santonio Holmes' miscues as a returner:
vs. Kansas City -- Holmes fumbles twice on punt returns, but those are forgotten as the Steelers blow out the Chiefs, 45-7. His 50-yard reception on the Steelers' first possession of the game leads to a short Willie Parker touchdown run.

vs. Atlanta -- After the Falcons go three-and-out on the first possession of the game, Holmes loses a fumble on a punt return. Michael Vick throws a 22-yard touchdown pass to Alge Crumpler on the next play.

vs. Denver -- Holmes loses a fumble on a kickoff return in the first quarter, and it is returned to the Steelers' 10-yard line by Darrent Williams. The Broncos score a touchdown to take a 14-0 lead four minutes into the game.

Doesn't look like an isolated problem to me. I hope they do use him on KO's & punt returns Sunday.

Cowher has been coaching in this league way too long , and is not a losing coach. I will be surprised if we leave Pittsburg with a "W"

then again everyone loves surprises

He's been a losing coach in 2006, and that's all that matters Sunday.

I agree - He's been a very good coach for most of his career with Pitt since 92'... But this is 2006.

I think we're giving Pitt far too much credit based on the past. There's a difference between respect and credit. I know our coaches and players respect them, and won't take them lightly. They are the world champs.

If the way they're presently playing was indicative of the way they have played in the past, then I'd agree with you. But, it isn't!

The fact of the matter is - They have been playing poorly in 2006 (turnovers and mistakes). This is not 2005.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom