News Dallas releases WR Micheal Gallup (1 Viewer)

I’d prefer Tyler Boyd. That dude always performs no matter what
That’s who we should really be pursuing. Boyd is an absolute baller and a 1000 yard receiver when given the opportunity. Thats a starting caliber receiver. His eight years career he’s averaged 750 yards a season and over 11 yards a catch. Had a few 1000 yard seasons not too long ago.

That’s who we should really be pursuing. Boyd is an absolute baller and a 1000 yard receiver when given the opportunity. Thats a starting caliber receiver. His eight years career he’s averaged 750 yards a season and over 11 yards a catch. Had a few 1000 yard seasons not too long ago.
Yup. Most Saints fans are down bad when they get drawn in by every player that becomes available. Give me the guy who has stepped up no matter what ensues. That guy is Tyler Boyd, not Michael Gallup

Yup. Most Saints fans are down bad when they get drawn in by every player that becomes available. Give me the guy who has stepped up no matter what ensues. That guy is Tyler Boyd, not Michael Gallup
Boyd is about an 8M-9M per year receiver though. Gallup may be too or close. We probably aren’t targeting that price range for a WR3 or WR4. If the plan is to expand Shaheed and Perry’s targets as expected then we’re mainly targeting another complementary vet FA who can do it all at WR on minimal snaps like Wilson. I think Laviska Shenault or Jalen Guyton could be more realistic FA additions.

Gallup ain’t getting Boyd money. He has shown the ability to be a good player but he’s not as consistent. I get that it’s fun too hate the Cowboys, but let’s not pretend the Saints are suddenly going to turn off the bargain shopper switch. We just signed Nathan Peterman and the guy who was behind Gallup on the Cowboys depth chart…who was behind Brandin Cooks, was behind Ceedee Lamb.

Gallup ain’t getting Boyd money. He has shown the ability to be a good player but he’s not as consistent. I get that it’s fun too hate the Cowboys, but let’s not pretend the Saints are suddenly going to turn off the bargain shopper switch. We just signed Nathan Peterman and the guy who was behind Gallup on the Cowboys depth chart…who was behind Brandin Cooks, was behind Ceedee Lamb.
It’s not about hating the Cowboys just to hate. There are many Cowboys players that I would take in a heartbeat. I don’t care who a player plays for as long as they can produce. The issue with Gallup is that he has always been a receiver that catches just above 50% of his targets. Sure he’s made some big plays here and there, along with one good season. That was forever ago and that dude has not been the same the player, the past three years. Plus, he was not behind Cooks for those 3 years, only 1 year. So what was his excuse for not producing? Gallup is not what this team needs. Imho, it would be a waste of money, to sign him to a contract, and get marginal production. If anyone watched Cowboys games the past few years, they would know this dude was “mid” (if that) at best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom