NFL Darren Sharper (The disturbing TRUE story) (1 Viewer)

How long should he get in your opinion? He may not get out, he's just eligible.
I hope that considering it was part of a 4-state plea deal he will be required to spend the entire 18-year sentence. I would imagine, just my own musings, that it would take those same four states to all agree on early release?

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
Loved Sharper when he played for the Vikings. Didn't like him as a Saint or Packer of course.

So weird. Dude had a personality and some charisma. Seems like one of those guys who would have had plenty of interested people chasing him where he wouldn't have had to resort to horrific tactics.
The only explanation with men like Sharper, Cosby, Weinstein, etc. is that the horrible tactics are the end, not the means.

I hope that considering it was part of a 4-state plea deal he will be required to spend the entire 18-year sentence. I would imagine, just my own musings, that it would take those same four states to all agree on early release?
I'm not sure how that works. Maybe one of our SR legal experts can weigh in.

I doubt he serves the full sentence. Most folks don't if it's a non-violent act. I'm sure he'll serve the majority of it though. I mean even OJ got out early and some folks hoped he'd die in prison.

How long should he get in your opinion? He may not get out, he's just eligible.
Not sure. Just crazy that he can destroy that many lives. And possibly be out within 10 years. Sex crime laws are definitely not black and white. Definitely gray areas when it comes to sentencing.

I'm not sure how that works. Maybe one of our SR legal experts can weigh in.

I doubt he serves the full sentence. Most folks don't if it's a non-violent act. I'm sure he'll serve the majority of it though. I mean even OJ got out early and some folks hoped he'd die in prison.
Rape is a violent act.

For predators like Sharper, it’s not about sexual gratification, it’s about power and domination. A rapist does his thing for sexual gratification the same way an alcoholic drinks because he’s thirsty.
And where is it, a proven fact, all rapist do it for sexual gratification? I am curious about that data. I would beg to differ. I’d say many rapist do get their sexual gratification from raping someone, but it is also about power, control and maybe sometimes a feeling of revenge, for what they themselves unfortunately experienced.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom