Demarcus Ware on Rob Ryan (1 Viewer)

jokerface

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
"He was one of the best coaches I've ever played for, really teaching me how to play and think like a linebacker," Ware said Thursday. "I had to go in there and know all the drops the inside backers would have and I had to know all the formations, knowing the skill of the game, he really taught me that a lot." Ware, 30, had 31 sacks in Ryan's two seasons in Dallas.
DeMarcus Ware has high praise for Rob Ryan - Dallas Cowboys Blog - ESPN Dallas

Sounds good to me. I remember Sean Payton saying that "being great teachers" is one of the most important traits they look for when hiring assistant coaches.

Is he bringing Ware with him?

We have a younger Ware....Junior "Donkey Kong" Galette

Demarcus Ware 6'4" 254lbs
Junior Galette 6'3" 258lbs

Junior had 5 sacks last year playing in a 4-3 that does not take advantage of his skill set. He also only played 50% of the snaps. As a full time starter at OLB in the 3-4 look for him to have 10-15 sack season next year.

see my above post but the main point of the thread was to give some insight on how a Pro Bowl caliber player viewed his former coach. Since so many of you guys seem to know what a good DC in the NFL is. I believe 95% of the members on this site was drooling over the spags hire last year and that gave us the honor of worst defense in the history of the NFL last year.:covri:

Junior had 5 sacks last year playing in a 4-3 that does not take advantage of his skill set. He also only played 50% of the snaps. As a full time starter at OLB in the 3-4 look for him to have 10-15 sack season next year.

Actually , Junior only played 26% of the snaps. So yeah. When he was on the field he produced at an extremely high level. The fact that Spags refused to play him more is a mystery to me.

Bottom line for me is, if he ends up being the DC for our team I will support him. I hope that it all works out. I know nothing of the 3-4 D pretty much as we haven't really run it for a long time. I know we sprinkled it in there now and then and I do know the basic concepts of the formation....but I have to brush up on all things 3-4.

I'd rather hear what Anthony Spencer thinks.

:scratch:

You looking at it wrong, and possibly need some background:

Spencer has needed Ryan to speak up for him, in most cases, over past two years. The Dallas media has been raking Spencer over the coals. If you find anything where Spencer talks about Ryan, they will be good words, trust. Spencer is a good football player; Ryan knows it and has been working with him to get more out of him. But, if you turn on local sports talk here in CENTEX, you would wonder why Dallas hasn't released Spencer yet. So, nod to MSU, I hope he does bring Spencer with him, if he comes.

Now, for bonus, Ryan defending Spencer against non-believers:
Rob Ryan defends Anthony Spencer
"So if we send him more this year, that will be great," Ryan said. "I know everybody just looks at the bottom line on sacks or wins, and I don’t blame them. But as a coach, you appreciate a guy like Anthony Spencer because he does the right thing, and he plays hard. He forces fumbles. He still rushes the passer. He gets in the move. I think he’s going to have a great year."http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4692663/rob-ryan-defends-anthony-spencer

Rob Ryan on Anthony Spencer: "You Watch. He's Going To Be Something This Week."
Rob Ryan on Anthony Spencer: "You Watch. He's Going To Be Something This Week." - Blogging The Boys

Actually , Junior only played 26% of the snaps. So yeah. When he was on the field he produced at an extremely high level. The fact that Spags refused to play him more is a mystery to me.

Lol. Classic SSF. Junior "Jesus" Galette

Yeah, go ahead and hire Rob Ryan. Atleast he will tell Sean Payton that his "position" coaches suck. Someone needs to fire them coaches.

I read that was one of the reasons he pulled out of the DC position with the Rams. He could not run the 3-4 and also could not bring any of his position coaches with him. So if we hire him I am sure he is going to bring some of his guys with him...

So they're roughly the same size?

Jr. Galette being on the field for a short period of time was due to his inability to understand the playbook...period

Jr. Galette being on the field for a short period of time was due to his inability to understand the playbook...period

Says who? Because when he was on the field he didn't seem to have any inability to understand sacking the quarterback. And he played the run better than anyone expected him to. Spags didn't get fired because he put the best players on the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom