Demario Davis vs Bijan was the matchup ATL wanted. (1 Viewer)

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

He made the most of the pass that became a touchdown catch on Sunday. He said the play unfolded exactly as it was drawn up. The plan was for the throw to go to Robinson, if Saints linebacker Demario Davis covered Robinson. Davis did, and the end result was a mismatch, and a touchdown.

Demario Davis being targeted in a matchup hasn’t been common place during his tenure with NO, but the memo might be out on him.

Its likely a combination of Father Time and the knee injury he suffered earlier in the season but Davis is another veteran along w/ Cam Jordan who seems to have been the victim of a steep decline this year.

As much as offense is an issue right now, we’re only an off-season away from the defense needing a retool as well w/ several of its key members on the wrong side of 30.

Reminds me of an old adage, not sure who said it, but "It's better to get rid of a player a year early, than a year late"

I'll take almost any NFL rb against a LBer on a wheel route in the NFL. Same concept Bush torched Urlacher on. It was a good play call against I believe was a Cover 0 zero or Cover 1. It's a man D killer for sure. Pressure didn't get home fast enough.

We used to run this with Kamara with Payton along with a lot of choice routes but not so much now.

Blitzes have consequences sometimes. It's not DA's preference either but I'm guessing he's seeing our 4 man rush isn't getting home so he's pressing and was hoping to trip up an inexperienced coach.
It was a good play for the Falcons, I forgot that it was on 1st and 10. They had Bijan lined up on the same side as the tight end, which put DD on that side with Werner playing WLB. By alignment DD was going to end up in man coverage on Bijan, and they managed to get the other five pass defenders to all move to the opposite side of the field. We were basically double covering Jonnu Smith in the opposite flat while Bijan was outrunning DD to the end zone.

Yeah, I don’t know. DD might be getting up there but he’s still elite. That play is not an indictment on him, it was just a good playcall by ATL based off of the coverage and the personnel. It happens.

Demario Davis being targeted in a matchup hasn’t been common place during his tenure with NO, but the memo might be out on him.

Its likely a combination of Father Time and the knee injury he suffered earlier in the season but Davis is another veteran along w/ Cam Jordan who seems to have been the victim of a steep decline this year.

As much as offense is an issue right now, we’re only an off-season away from the defense needing a retool as well w/ several of its key members on the wrong side of 30.

Reminds me of an old adage, not sure who said it, but "It's better to get rid of a player a year early, than a year late"
Who wouldn't want their running back or tight end for that matter matched up vs a linebacker?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom