N/S Deshaun Watson believed to have suffered Achilles injury (8 Viewers)

Yes and if you look at that thread, you'll see how consistent I've been on this issue.
Most people have been pretty consistent about it. I mean, I was against it from the beginning, but I understood why some people wanted it to happen. I thought he was going to cost too much and didn't want to give up too much draft capital for him.

I was relieved when the Browns offered him the guaranteed contract and glad the Saints drew the line there.

"I do not want the treatment that DeSean Watson has received from these fans..."

OK. I'm willing to bet that those multiple women did not want the treatment they got from DeSean Watson.

Sorry, I love Jameis, but there's no way my sympathy for DeSean Watson isn't going to be EXTREMELY tempered by the fact that he's a repeated perpetrator of sexual assault. Does all that just go away because he popped an achilles?

"I do not want the treatment that DeSean Watson has received from these fans..."

OK. I'm willing to bet that those multiple women did not want the treatment they got from DeSean Watson.

Sorry, I love Jameis, but there's no way my sympathy for DeSean Watson isn't going to be EXTREMELY tempered by the fact that he's a repeated perpetrator of sexual assault. Does all that just go away because he popped an achilles?
It doesn't, but these guys play on the same team and have practiced and watched game film and worked out together. Maybe he's changed, idk, but booing an injured player is not going to be taken well by the players on the field.

If the fans have a beef, it needs to be directed at the front office for giving Watson a $300 million guaranteed contract.

Agreed. But I don’t think that’s why the fans acted that way. It’s because they gave up so much and got so little. If he was a top 5 QB and they were rolling, they would’ve acted differently.

That's not my point. My point is that this regime tried everything to sign and trade for Watson, never had to answer for it, and is an indictment on their lack of sound judgement.

Thus here we are today.
The Saints obviously didn't offer the salary to Watson or the picks to the Texans that the Browns offered, so no, they didn't try everything to sign and trade for Watson.

They tried some things, but they didn't try everything. Maybe what the Saints was offering wasn't as crazy as what the Browns offered. We know it was less or Watson would be on the Saints rosters. The rumors were that the Falcons were also offering more than the Saints, but still less than the Browns obviously.

SMH do you know anything about the Cleveland franchise?? They were a very early pro football team even before the NFL. They were formed at a time when it was common to name a team in any sport after the color they wore eg: Browns, Blues , Reds. Also it is only the ridiculous PC crowd and not even Native Americans that forced the Redskins name change, in fact there is a push right now to restore the name
"The team is named after original coach and co-founder Paul Brown."

Last edited:
Watson is not the Saints' problem. They dodged a bullet on the compensation and contract. The Texans are reaping the benefits of sound decision making.

centered on sending quarterback Deshaun Watson from the Houston Texans to the Cleveland Browns. The quarterback and a Texans 2024 sixth round selection was exchanged for Cleveland's 2022 first and fourth round selections, 2023 first and third round selections, and 2024 first and fourth round selections.

Based on CBS Sports, all of the received draft picks and subsequent trades resulted in the Texans acquiring: "the 2023 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Will Anderson Jr., starting wide receiver Tank Dell, starting left guard Kenyon Green, starting free safety Calen Bullock, starting cornerback Kamari Lassiter, wide receiver John Metchie III, linebacker Christian Harris, running back Dameon Pierce, linebacker Jamal Hill, and tight end Cade Stover. They also acquired an extra 2025 second-round pick via the Vikings, because of the compensation they received from the Browns".

Maybe second best trade after the Hershel Walker trade the Cowboys made with the Vikings? Unless the Texans end up winning three or more Super Bowls of course.

I'm not sure that he's even GOT an injury. His play was crap, the baggage he brought is nothing but a distraction, and there's no reason to believe either situation is going to improve.

I'd think it more likely that they just want to pay him to leave, and disassociate himself with the browns.

The Saints obviously didn't offer the salary to Watson or the picks to the Texans that the Browns offered, so no, they didn't try everything to sign and trade for Watson.

They tried some things, but they didn't try everything. Maybe what the Saints was offering wasn't as crazy as what the Browns offered. We know it was less or Watson would be on the Saints rosters. The rumors were that the Falcons were also offering more than the Saints, but still less than the Browns obviously.
A deal was in place with the Texans. The Saints were offering the full draft compensation. It came down to the fully guaranteed contract.

I guess we just disagree about how poorly this reflected on Allen and Loomis, but whatever, I'm tired of going back and forth.

Anyway, I hope the young man heals and is repentant of what he's done and never does it again, or if he has committed crimes, that justice is done for those women and any future victims.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that he's even GOT an injury. His play was crap, the baggage he brought is nothing but a distraction, and there's no reason to believe either situation is going to improve.

I'd think it more likely that they just want to pay him to leave, and disassociate himself with the browns.
Ain't nobody faking a torn achilles. He's out for the season. If somehow the team and NFL found out he faked this injury, they could decide not to pay him the rest of this season.

Guaranteed contracts are guaranteed as long as he doesn't retire or up and quit, which this would qualify.

Last edited:
Work out a retirement settlement with the Browns. He has his millions to get all the massages he wants. The Browns can move forward. The NFL doesn't have this particular stain playing on Sunday's.

Its EZ to pile on DW right now because his career is trending downward. But what if he was doing Jayden Daniels type things for Cleveland, what then would you think? or worse than that, what if the saints did acquire him and he was balling out for us? How would you feel then. Ill tell you how id be feeling, id probably would still be defending the guy. In other words, defending the wrong person. Its clear that JW is a team first guy, because he is passionately defending the wrong person. So in a way, im glad his career is going where it is, because at least ive learned a good lesson. And that is, Dont ignore the nearly 2 DOZEN red flags. "The 29-year-old has previously settled nearly two dozen civil lawsuits."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom