Did Loomis help Vilma out? (1 Viewer)

When a contract is pushed pack, as mentioned in espn south blog, all the pay is pushed back. The whole contract, which "should" include the signing bonus. I might be wrong. But since I'm a contract worker at LSU, that's how it works.

I feel bad for Vilma :( He doesn't have too many year's left in his tank..

When a contract is pushed pack, as mentioned in espn south blog, all the pay is pushed back. The whole contract, which "should" include the signing bonus. I might be wrong. But since I'm a contract worker at LSU, that's how it works.

I feel bad for Vilma :( He doesn't have too many year's left in his tank..

It would make sense for the signing bonus now to stretch out for another season since his contract, in essence, extends for one more year. Otherwise, for 2014, none of his signing bonus would count against the cap as it would have all lapsed.

With that said, I have no clue the NFL's salary cap rule on this. I guess if someone knows what the cap hit was for Vick (prior to release) when he was indefinitely suspended, then we might have a better idea. I know Loomis and the Saints know though... and that's good enough for me.

It would make sense for the signing bonus now to stretch out for another season since his contract, in essence, extends for one more year. Otherwise, for 2014, none of his signing bonus would count against the cap as it would have all lapsed.

With that said, I have no clue the NFL's salary cap rule on this. I guess if someone knows what the cap hit was for Vick (prior to release) when he was indefinitely suspended, then we might have a better idea. I know Loomis and the Saints know though... and that's good enough for me.

Loomis can make anything happen.. He's the master of math :).

If the saint's feel like paying Vilama for his service's, Loomis can get the fund's to vilma by restructuring the next year's contract or however the penalty pan's out.

Who knows?

But once we signed Lofton AND Hawthorne, I felt right then and there the FO probably KNEW Vilma was gonna take a big hit. They may have saved some money restructuring his contract, but if a signing bonus was a part of it, IMO, thats Vilmas money.

Did it benefit Vilma? Yes it did. Therefore Mickey did it for Vima's benefit.

Lol. And I'm sure Brees' franchise tag jumping from 14 million to 16 million the next day had nothing to do with it. The price of Vilma getting to collect that 1 million signing bonus slightly early is that he had to take a pay cut of 2.2 million to get it.

Proof that Loomis is the man is that he cleared room to franchise Brees, gave a player some short term cash to help hold him over, and still saved the club money in the long run.

Lol. And I'm sure Brees' franchise tag jumping from 14 million to 16 million the next day had nothing to do with it. The price of Vilma getting to collect that 1 million signing bonus slightly early is that he had to take a pay cut of 2.2 million to get it.

Proof that Loomis is the man is that he cleared room to franchise Brees, gave a player some short term cash to help hold him over, and still saved the club money in the long run.

Brilliant! :worthy:

The man is SO good, IMO, he deserves a 4 week vacation....

heck, make it 8!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom