Didn’t watch the game only highlights (1 Viewer)

Changeling

All-Pro
Reaction score
But it looks like it was a fun and exciting game with lots of scoring. For a preseason game, the fans got (some of) their money’s worth.
TaysomH had some nice throws.
Dan Arnold had a bad play and some good plays. I’m comfortable with him being a 3rd or 4th TE and that’s it. Fortunately, Mike Ditka is no longer coach/evaluator, as Arnold would be TE1 with IronBrain.
I would never play AK41 in a preseason game.
Lil Jordan has potential.
PRob was a head scratcher to me when we re-signed him. I haven’t changed my mind. Maybe he just plays better somewhere else?
Lutz is one of the best kickers this team has ever had.
I hate Goodell.

We should reserve judgment or assessment on PRob. He hasn’t had the opportunity to prove anyone right or wrong yet.

I agree on p.rob. I never cared for him in a saints uniform. Yeah, he shined with the eagles but for some reason he just stinks in black and gold. I wasnt happy when we got him back.

Patrick Robinson is not a good outside CB, but he is a very good slot CB.... he was playing outside last night.

I agree on p.rob. I never cared for him in a saints uniform. Yeah, he shined with the eagles but for some reason he just stinks in black and gold. I wasnt happy when we got him back.
We are not far away enough from the horrific defenses we had (with Dennis Allen running the secondary and "assistant DC") yet to be sure it's Robinson himself or what he is being asked to do. He was doing a decent job last year before going down, I thought.

Lots of players looked lost here and went on to contribute solidly elsewhere between 2012 and 2016.

Last edited:
For the past 35 years, I watched every snap of preseason and regular season to post season Saints football with great excitement.

I fell asleep watching the game last night just after half time. I think I have PGSD (Post Goodell Shenanigans Disorder)... The game felt different. I wanted to enjoy it like before... I tried to get pumped and excited... then they showed “the no call” again, and I just checked out.

For the past 35 years, I watched every snap of preseason and regular season to post season Saints football with great excitement.

I fell asleep watching the game last night just after half time. I think I have PGSD (Post Goodell Shenanigans Disorder)... The game felt different. I wanted to enjoy it like before... I tried to get pumped and excited... then they showed “the no call” again, and I just checked out.

My blood pressure rises every time I see that replay. It's so horrific that I actually stand 100% by the fan who took out a lawsuit on the league. No, he won't win, but it gives more exposure to probably the most mind-boggling, flagrant no-calls of all time.

We are not far away enough from the horrific defenses we had (with Dennis Allen running the secondary and "assistant DC" yet to be sure it's Robinson himself or what he is being asked to do. He was doing a decent job last year before going down, I thought.

Lots of players looked lost here and went to contribute solidly elsewhere between 2012 and 2016.
The defense settled in last year and ended up playing well down the stretch, but you're right that under DA we retain the unnerving ability (if that's the right word) to give up big plays in the run and pass game at any moment. I do not understand why we lack consistency. I also have to admit that DBs like Robinson and Malcolm Jenkins who played but under-performed for DA have gone on to play much better with other teams.

I thought I got over it and I guess I didn't. I rarely kept up with training camp except for a few of the videos posted here here and there. I cut the Sunday ticket off after 20 something years but I will still get the primetime games and the Seattle game which are the local games for us and the 49er game so that's 8 games. Cutting direct TV was more money thing but it didn't bother me like I thought it would. Hopefully once the season starts I will get back into it full swing but as far as preseason I won't watch any of the games.

Both PRob and PJ Williams play better in the slot. When PRob got burned for that TD he was on the outside and PJ Williams as well.

We should reserve judgment or assessment on PRob. He hasn’t had the opportunity to prove anyone right or wrong yet.

I don't know about that. He was with us for 5 (6?) seasons...

I don't know about that. He was with us for 5 (6?) seasons...

P Rob had a couple good years with us. The stats he had with the Eagles in 2017 were actually very similar to ones he had with us in 2011 and 2012. He's always had the potential, but his career has been pretty inconsistent. Injuries, inconsistent play, being on bad defenses, etc. PJ was decent last year, but when P Rob is playing well, he's better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom