Disappointed in WWL sports radio (1 Viewer)

webster

All-Pro
Reaction score
I have switched on 870 twice in the last two days and both times the radio hosts were having in depth discussion about whether or not M. Vick should have a dog. I do not believe this a topic for a sports show (save for Oprah or Dr. PhL) The Hornets won big last night and the Saints have a big game tomorrow yet these guys are having weighty discussions about whether or not a quarterback for the Eagles should be getting a dog.

I have switched on 870 twice in the last two days and both times the radio hosts were having in depth discussion about whether or not M. Vick should have a dog. I do not believe this a topic for a sports show (save for Oprah or Dr. PhL) The Hornets won big last night and the Saints have a big game tomorrow yet these guys are having weighty discussions about whether or not a quarterback for the Eagles should be getting a dog.

Yeah that sucks.

Yeah, WWL has pretty much been running with that "story" for days now. It's just a lazy way of filling the hours in my opinion. Hokie actually had the nerve to say that he thought that other people were making too much out of it -- mean while they were asking people to call in to discuss it.

You just figured out that WWL's sports "coverage" sucks?

WWL is to sports radio what Cameron Parish is to beaches. Laughably pathetic.

s

That's why I subscribe to Sirius Satellite Radio and listen to the NFL Channel anytime I am in my Car or at home on the INternet. Show is hosted by Former NFL GMs and a lot of the guys who announce Fox games...(Tim Ryan, Rich Gannon and a ton of former NFL Players). I hit WWL only on nights when I know the coaches show is on or the Point After. Plus, when you listen to a national show, you get to hear fans from all 32 teams call in and their perspectives, etc.

You just figured out that WWL's sports "coverage" sucks?

WWL is to sports radio what Cameron Parish is to beaches. Laughably pathetic.

s

uhhhh actually for the last 12 years I have lived in Guam, Hawaii and now Cali... you would be shocked how much you can miss a beach that isn;t overly packed with people trying to impress other people.

uhhhh actually for the last 12 years I have lived in Guam, Hawaii and now Cali... you would be shocked how much you can miss a beach that isn;t overly packed with people trying to impress other people.

There are lots of beaches in the world that aren't overly packed with people trying to impress other people but don't have chocolate-milk-colored water, pickup and 4-wheeler tracks in the sand, and oil rigs in the distance. I've been to beaches on three continents, and the beaches in the western Gulf are the worst I have seen.

I've also listened to a lot of sports radio, and I think we can all agree that WWL is the worst we've ever heard.

Yeah, I listened to them around 4:45 yesterday on my way to pick the kid up from day care. Good God, Hokie sounded like a moron. At one point, just before commercial, Christian Garic stumped ol' Hoke... you should have heard him sputtering over the "break" music that was playing them out... totally flustered.

nobody on that station is worse than deke, so imagine if deke was the one that was talking about it..... it would have been much worse.

I only listen for the Coaches show and QB to QB, and after a win to hear Bobby trashed other then that it's pretty boring

I didn't hear it when Bobby said one of the female callers was sexually frustrated but that sounds like it would've been a hoot. You gotta listen to them sometimes for the same reason you gotta look over at a car wreck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom