Do you still vinyl? (1 Viewer)

They're tanks. I bought my set in the 80's and have only had to have them serviced once. Best turntable in the marketplace IMO.
If you think the 1200 is a tank you should see its predecessor. Hard to find and when you do the weight and the $$$ line up.

I have tried to get back into vinyl a few times over the last 30 years but, honestly, I don't miss it. CDs were a massive improvement over vinyl to me, and streaming is even better. I appreciate the old school/analog experience but at this point I just dont want the hassle.
I do miss flipping through stacks
And album cover art
And some of the tactile stuff that was part of the whole ritual

I do miss flipping through stacks
And album cover art
And some of the tactile stuff that was part of the whole ritual
Part of the allure of going to "antiques" stores for me is the album flipping. We have been picking one store a week to venture out to over the past several weeks. I typically find stores having lots of books also have lots of albums. Yesterday's store didn't have as many of either but one of the booths had several of the Firestone Christmas albums. As I flipped over to the backside of the covers I could remember the words written there because I had read them so many times as a kid as "part of the whole ritual". I picked up a couple that were in good shape as well as an old Buddy Rich disc (The Roar of '74).

My son has a record player, he loves it. Although he only listens to new music on it, its still cool for him to have wanted one..

Also, i go to this Black Friday store about once a month, on Fridays, everything is $8. I picked this up one time. It was a pretty cool little player. It was one of those items i decided to sell on Facebook Marketplace. It was also Bluetooth, for both headphones/earbuds and also you coulfd play your music through it from your phone. Its only like $50 or $60 on Amazon. They missed a good ooportunity by not putting built in battery so you play it anywhere since it was made with a bult in carrying case.. But it was an easy sell for $35..

1713182616811.png

Well, yes. That and the father of them all - the SP-10.
Oh yeah, that is a tank.

Believe it or not, it is still made. You can own it for the low price of 12k.

Part of the allure of going to "antiques" stores for me is the album flipping. We have been picking one store a week to venture out to over the past several weeks. I typically find stores having lots of books also have lots of albums. Yesterday's store didn't have as many of either but one of the booths had several of the Firestone Christmas albums. As I flipped over to the backside of the covers I could remember the words written there because I had read them so many times as a kid as "part of the whole ritual". I picked up a couple that were in good shape as well as an old Buddy Rich disc (The Roar of '74).
We have a local record store that has a bunch of uncategorized albums under the waist-level racks. If you find an album you like in that pile they’ll sell it to you for $1.

Across the street is a brewpub. Always have a few pints before record-shopping

Gatefold albums and liner notes baby
This. And I mean, album art at the most basic level.

Think of all of the classic vinyl album covers out there. From Beatles "Abbey Road" and Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon" to NWA "Straight Outta Compton", album art is something that cannot be replicated in other mediums.

I had a massive collection of vinyl. Along with everything I bought from 70’s - 90’s. I inherited my father’s collection that included a wide range of artists and style. Unfortunately sometime around late 90s I no longer had a turntable and then during a move in 2014 I parted ways with most of my dad’s collection. Still have mine. Just in case I ever get another turntable

I had a massive collection of vinyl. Along with everything I bought from 70’s - 90’s. I inherited my father’s collection that included a wide range of artists and style. Unfortunately sometime around late 90s I no longer had a turntable and then during a move in 2014 I parted ways with most of my dad’s collection. Still have mine. Just in case I ever get another turntable
The records you have from the 90s are probably worth some decent money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom