Does the silence from both the NFLPA and the owners make you get more upset? (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
make you get more upset?

For me it's almost better that nothing is said than the back and forth games they were playing in the media.

When I really stop to think about it, I get upset because free agency should have been under way 2 weeks ago and we should all be saying, "Make it happen Loomis". Instead it's almost like June around here when nothing is going on.

Stinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
the players are waiting for a judge to rule in their favor with an injunction to end the lockout. they don't care about making anything happen until they can find out if they can forcefully get their way.

yep wait until April 6 for the injunction ruling.
Not sure what the players will do if it is not granted.

Which is why they should not wait. IMO, there is too much at stake for either side to let their future be decided by a third party.

I think both sides have realized that no matter what they say, positive or negative, thoughtful or stupid, true or a light shade of truth, will be used against them in the poo slinging fest and its best to just let it wait.

Cave. They have no other serious leverage except waiting out the summer. No one is going to want to start missing offseason workout bonuses and game checks that cost them more cash then just signing the NFL's last proposal. It's all about money in the end after all.

This court ruling is the key. Once it happens, one way or another, things will start rolling.

Cave. They have no other serious leverage except waiting out the summer. No one is going to want to start missing offseason workout bonuses and game checks that cost them more cash then just signing the NFL's last proposal. It's all about money in the end after all.

This court ruling is the key. Once it happens, one way or another, things will start rolling.
True!!!! only checks there missing now would be OTA's,alot of players get workout money,which some are losing over $250,000.But i would rather not hear a word out of either side if there not going to try an get a deal done..

Why are so many fans against the players when it was the owners who caused the lockout?

Ive been beating this drum but I concede that its perspective... It just boils down to how you want to look at it... The owners did "cause" anything.. They had a contract that they didn't think worked for them and chose the option to not renew a contract that didn't work for them...

That's any persons right to not just continue something that doesn't work for them.. People get divorces, people move out of their apartments, people turn in there leases...

In the end, if you had a lease on your apartment for $800 with an option to renew for 5% more every year but you found out that tons of people were moving in for $600 because of low occupancy, would you just renew your lease or would you opt out and work a new lease with the apartment complex...

All I'm saying is everyone is trying to find the bad guy and while I've defended the owners, it's just business and it's done everyday.. There isn't a bad guy like some people, especially the players (I will sling a lil dirt here) try to make it out in the media. It's simply a bunch of businessmen (players and owners) doing business... Both trying to get as good a deal as they can... God bless America....

One thing that I will step up on my soapbox and say is that most of this has come from the players being amateur negotiators and instead of being professional about this, it's has turned into a circus... I don't think anyone is truly feeling either' (players or owners) pain...

Ive been beating this drum but I concede that its perspective... It just boils down to how you want to look at it... The owners did "cause" anything.. They had a contract that they didn't think worked for them and chose the option to not renew a contract that didn't work for them...

That's any persons right to not just continue something that doesn't work for them.. People get divorces, people move out of their apartments, people turn in there leases...

In the end, if you had a lease on your apartment for $800 with an option to renew for 5% more every year but you found out that tons of people were moving in for $600 because of low occupancy, would you just renew your lease or would you opt out and work a new lease with the apartment complex...

All I'm saying is everyone is trying to find the bad guy and while I've defended the owners, it's just business and it's done everyday.. There isn't a bad guy like some people, especially the players (I will sling a lil dirt here) try to make it out in the media. It's simply a bunch of businessmen (players and owners) doing business... Both trying to get as good a deal as they can... God bless America....

One thing that I will step up on my soapbox and say is that most of this has come from the players being amateur negotiators and instead of being professional about this, it's has turned into a circus... I don't think anyone is truly feeling either' (players or owners) pain...

I understand the owner have the right to lockout because the feel that they have a bad deal. I’m all with that. My question is why all the venom from fans against the players. Fans need to stop looking at their own job like it's a NFL player job.

I understand the owner have the right to lockout because the feel that they have a bad deal. I’m all with that. My question is why all the venom from fans against the players. Fans need to stop looking at their own job like it's a NFL player job.

What venom?

95% of the people on this board side almost solely with the players.

Calm before the storm.

Both sides have already said that nothing will happen until after the April 6 hearing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom