Does Tre'Quan Smith's emergence take away from Ted Ginn Jr's snap count? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Tre'Quan Smith's outburst last night was something I felt was ready to happen. He just needed an opportunity. Plus, his run blocking is getting better each week. Personally I think Payton should draw up more plays with both of them on the field but it's nice to see Brees connecting with yet another weapon in the making.

Tre'Quan Smith's outburst last night was something I felt was ready to happen. He just needed an opportunity. Plus, his run blocking is getting better each week. Personally I think Payton should draw up more plays with both of them on the field but it's nice to see Brees connecting with yet another weapon in the making.
I would think so.

Honestly, I think we need to start using Ginn as a second gadget type player that goes in motion a lot behind the line of scrimmage. Have him be that annoying player you have to be aware of before the snap, similar to what Tavon Austin should be bringing to the table with the Cowboys.

I wouldn't say that. Knowing this offense, all three might be on the field at the same time. All a matter of coverage and how Drew sees it.

Before the fumble I was proud of how the other three WR's stepped up and got open. Carr, Smith, and Meredith. Drew looked a little more comfortable throwing to those guys than in the beginning of the season. I hope that continues and makes the offense less predictable.

IMO, the offense changed dramatically because Ingram showed up. This gave DB an extra weapon and opened the entire O last night. To the original question, Ginn has allot of drops but still is a savy veteran so I don't see his snaps drop off.

Yes, I think so.

Smith is a bigger, faster, stronger version of the current Ginn. He also doesn't have the hand issues.

I think Payton has been waiting to unleash Smith for some time now and finally found the perfect opportunity last night.

Ginn is most likely a rental and won't be back next year.

Yes, I think so.

Smith is a bigger, faster, stronger version of the current Ginn. He also doesn't have the hand issues.

Exactly, barring an injury to TQS I don't really expect Ginn to get another 10 targets on the year. Our core 4 receivers are going to be Thomas, TQS, Meredith, Carr going forward.

Look at it this way: the Saints are going into the second quarter of the season with a “new” offense as the young receivers continue to be worked in. Ginn is still a viable threat to defenses and an important piece of this offense - I hope that he knows that and doesn’t start pouting. MT continues to spank corners, and Watson and Hill have been a very good duo at the TE spot. And of course, we have our ace RBs with Ingram and Kamara.

D coordinators might be losing some zzzzz’s.

Yes, I think Smith should take over as the starter opposite Thomas. Ginn has had too many drops. I would reduce his snaps or even have him as a healthy scratch as long as Thomas, Smith, Meredith, and Carr are producing.

Yes, I think so.

Not faster. Smith ran a 4.49 at the combine while Ginn is still one of the fastest players in the league. You have to give him that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom