Don't forget just how awful... (1 Viewer)

cdogg

THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
we were against the run 2 years ago. We couldn't stop anyone. Now we fixed it last year, by not rushing the passer, but our pass-d suffered. The ends focused on the run, as did the LB's and safeties. We still need a presence at DT, or we could be that bad again next year if we decide we have to rush the passer to make up for our porous secondary.

Lets not forget about Brian Young. I hope he is back to full health, because he has been our best pass rushing DT for a while now. He was good paired with Hollis, but we really need to get a quality DT from the draft. Brian Young and Hollis are both old, and their backups are decent. We need a wrecking ball at DT, and Ellis and Dorsey both fit that bill. If we come away with either of them, our D-Line will be in great shape.

I think so but we sold out on the run but still got burned in the secondary. I think we dedicated too much. We were the same defense from 06. David replaced thomas. no upgrades anywhere on defense.

We couldn't run the ball last year even when duece was in for those first 3 games. I think this is the biggest problem even more than the pass defense.

Upgrading the linebacker position will allow us to (hopefully) be good on both aspects without alienating one over the other. That's why I think, if the two DTs are gone by 10, we should take Rivers. Then get a CB or DT in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Yes our DTs are old and Hollis needs rest to be his best, so mix in a Dorsey and we are much better football team, throw in a 2nd round DB and 3rd safety or lb and we infuse young talent all over our team, and if awesome value falls we might take a DE, RB or TE

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom