don't pull out all the stops for MNF game (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The more I've been thinking about this, the more it makes sense for the Saints to hold back a little on Monday night. Let's say we identify weaknesses in their D that can be exploited, and we have some special plays drawn up to capitalize on some opportunities. Do we really want to tip our hand and give them the ability to make adjustments to our line of attack? It's very likely we will meet the falcons in the playoffs. It would be wise to save something up our sleeve for when it really matters. Obviously we want to win, but I almost expect both coaches to use this match to feel out the opponent and gather intel for use in the playoffs. in other words, we should play hard but not lay it all on the line yet.

I think we will get nailed on this, but I will admit anyway that I have been thinking the same way this week. If we did lose for some reason, then we go all out for the playoffs and we all know how hard it is to beat a team 3 times in one year. Especially a SB team.

This IS the playoffs, we have two games and we have to win one of them. We can't lay back and lose this game and make the bucs game an even worse scenario. We have to win NOW at any cost.

Worry about playing ATL down the road when we get there, IF they are even still in the hunt.

Nail them now, worry about later when later comes.

I don't feel too worried that Payton can't identify new weaknesses based on MNF anyway.

Actually I'll be surprised if you see the same play twice, no matter if successful or failure.
Total confusion, total bedlam, Look for 6 different guys to score.
After the first game Hartley better not drop that pass.

"We'll be back"

Both teams and coaches dislike one another, I'm pretty sure both are going to unleash full hell on each other. I can not wait to watch this epic battle.

Why hold back? You play to win the game! Besides, this game has playoff seeding implications. Plus this is a huge rivalry so Saints shouldn't hold back. I'm hoping the Saints get that complete game of the year that we have all been waiting for. Saints 28- Falcons 23

There are no secrets to hold back this is the 10th game under payton,Brees era they no whats comeing there just nothing they can do about it other then a missed chipshot payton would be 8-1 vs these failclowns, brees>> Ryan Payton>> smith.

WE WILL PWN THEM NOW AND THEN WHODAT THE TWODAT

Why hold back? You play to win the game!

Hello

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/W42iiCcFbxE?fs=1&hl=en_US allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

The more I've been thinking about this, the more it makes sense for the Saints to hold back a little on Monday night. Let's say we identify weaknesses in their D that can be exploited, and we have some special plays drawn up to capitalize on some opportunities. Do we really want to tip our hand and give them the ability to make adjustments to our line of attack? It's very likely we will meet the falcons in the playoffs. It would be wise to save something up our sleeve for when it really matters. Obviously we want to win, but I almost expect both coaches to use this match to feel out the opponent and gather intel for use in the playoffs. in other words, we should play hard but not lay it all on the line yet.

the beauty of our offense is we can run quite similar plays from different formations/player packages.

I think SP is very aware of this and depending on how the game unfolds will dictate what he does/does not do.

We need to win in order to get in the playoffs.

This.

They need to do whatever it takes to win the game. Everything after that will sort itself out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom