Dora the Explorer - Live Action Movie - Isabela Moner 1st pic (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
You may remember Isabela Moner from Transformers First Knight.
The 17-year-old Peruvian-American said friends long ago nicknamed her "Dora."
The movie picks up with Dora as a teenager in the city with her adventuring pal Diego.

Dora.JPG

Is she still going to use random, context, grammar, and structure-lacking Spanish that will let soccer moms proudly tell everyone their kid speaks a second language because they say "caballo" when they see a horse?

Is she still going to use random, context, grammar, and structure-lacking Spanish that will let soccer moms proudly tell everyone their kid speaks a second language because they say "caballo" when they see a horse?

I just woke up my wife cracking up at that

My five year old loves Dora in the City. It’s definitely less annoying than the young Dora, but it’s interesting that the movie character would wear the same outfit as the young Dora the Explorer while also supposedly Dora in the City.

It’s also funny that grown men would be looking down their nose at a movie taken from a show for little kids. Then again, Michael Bay is making it so who knows. I’m sure I’ll be seeing it so I’ll give you a report.

It’s also funny that grown men would be looking down their nose at a movie taken from a show for little kids. .

Just because something is for kids doesn't mean it isn't crap deserving of ridicule. I mean, are you big Emoji Movie fan? Do you think sitting through the Emoji Movie is a good use of time and energy? Probably not.

more like Isabela Boner, am i right?
High+fiveanyone_8563e6_4998963.gif

Just because something is for kids doesn't mean it isn't crap deserving of ridicule. I mean, are you big Emoji Movie fan? Do you think sitting through the Emoji Movie is a good use of time and energy? Probably not.

Emoji was terrible, so that’s a fair example of a bad movie. Trolls, on the other hand, was awesome. Like all genres, there are good movies and bad ones. Have you see Dora - how do you know it is “deserving of ridicule”?

My five year old loves Dora in the City. It’s definitely less annoying than the young Dora, but it’s interesting that the movie character would wear the same outfit as the young Dora the Explorer while also supposedly Dora in the City.
i guess now that Cynthia Nixon is running for governor, it frees up the Miranda role

A Transformers franchise flick followed by a grown-up kid character isn't a bad formula for a young actress.
She's not Lily James and we're not talking Downton Abby/Cinderella/Mama Mia 2 success, but you never know.
She's more appealing than Emma Watson was at that age.

A Transformers franchise flick followed by a grown-up kid character isn't a bad formula for a young actress. She's not Lily James and we're not talking Downton Abby/Cinderella/Mama Mia 2 success, but you never know. She's more appealing than Emma Watson was at that age.

2qk2lq0.png

I foresee sitting through this with my happy 10-year-old granddaughter and her less than happy 12-year-old brother. If I'm not so lucky, I'll fork out $60 - $80 at the theater. If I'm lucky, it'll be HBO and Orville Redenbacher so my grandson can keep his Young Man Card by slipping off to the other room to play Madden.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom