Draft scouting (1 Viewer)

Bongi

LSU Tiger 4 Life
Reaction score
The last 3 drafts, the Saints have done very well. Do you think our stength is in video scouting or in person at Pro Days? Since there are no Pro Days, are we at a disadvantage and right in line with the rest of the league or does it benefit us with others teams unable to see the prospects in person?

I believe Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks touched on this topic in one of their recent Podcasts called "Move the Sticks" and they said a lot of it is going to fall on the Directors of the Scouting Department to understand the strengths and weaknesses of your area scouts, and during these times they are going to have to heavily lean on their best true talent "evaluators", and the film is going to matter so much in combing through it.

Basically know who your best scouts are in the room and lean heavily on their input leading up to the Draft especially so without being able to schedule in person visits, and attend Pro-Days.

We couldn't have found and latched to Onyemata anywhere but at the East-West Shrine game. And we drafted, I think, Brandin Cooks without ever visiting him at the draft. Or someone prominent can't remember who.

It's always a mix. And some teams pool info from different sources and people they trust. I imagine a lot of teams are doing a LOT of calling and speaking with coaches and different connects and pouring over film. I figure we'll be just fine. Hell. If Sean Payton isn't showing symptoms, I can only imagine he's just been watching tape all this time to keep from going too stir crazy.

The last 3 drafts, the Saints have done very well. Do you think our stength is in video scouting or in person at Pro Days? Since there are no Pro Days, are we at a disadvantage and right in line with the rest of the league or does it benefit us with others teams unable to see the prospects in person?
We’ll be fine. Still the best scouting team in the league by a mile. Thanks to Jeff Ireland and crew. Ever since Ireland came around we’ve had some serious sleeper picks and big time hits across the board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom