Drew Brees & Matt Ryan Tearing Up The League (1 Viewer)

It is remarkable how they are having almost identical season (actually Brees is looking slightly better per game statistically) However, one of these guys is on the short list for MVP and one is not even garnering mentions.

Can't say it's wins and losses either -- we are but 1.5 games back of the Falcons.

Anyway, this is 2011 all over again. If Ryan and Brees are close, Ryan gets the accolades. Just like Rodgers and Brees in 11'. Sad.
Yeah, that's one of my points and I simply don't get it. Brees is ALWAYS at the top in QB stats, yet he's never mentioned in MVP.

Cam Newton had one good season where his defense gave him shortened field and extra possessions and he was almost the unanimous MVP. Brees is killing it AGAIN and absolutely no mention of him in the discussion.

It is remarkable how they are having almost identical season (actually Brees is looking slightly better per game statistically) However, one of these guys is on the short list for MVP and one is not even garnering mentions.

Can't say it's wins and losses either -- we are but 1.5 games back of the Falcons.

Anyway, this is 2011 all over again. If Ryan and Brees are close, Ryan gets the accolades. Just like Rodgers and Brees in 11'. Sad.
League MVP is joke popularity contest.

If ever there was a true MVP to a team as far as impact it is Brees to the Saints and has been every year.

Ryan is a pretty darned good QB, a good team leader and example, very generous with his time for the community and well respected by his players and coaches. Besides playing for the Falcons, he's a good guy and a very good QB. Can you imagine how much playing for Mike Smith did to ****** his QB maturity and self confidence???

It is frustrating. It is almost as if Brees is EXPECTED to do this, so because of that, he doesn't get the recognition.

It'll be a shame if both Scam Newton and Matt friggin Ryan will have an MVP award next to their names and Drew Brees won't.

Drew Brees has a SUPERBOWL MVP award next to His name.....

League MVP is joke popularity contest.

If ever there was a true MVP to a team as far as impact it is Brees to the Saints and has been every year.

I've said it before but it's worth repeating -- Brees is so far out of the voters minds that he would literally have to be miles better statistically than the competition. He will finish with numbers nearly identical (but likely better) than Ryan and certainly more than Brady. However, he will not be in the discussion for MVP as anything but an afterthought.

It's sad. But it's also a meaningless award, so I guess in the end it doesn't matter.

These two QBs are setting the league on fire. While only one is getting the chatter or MVP talk, let's look at the numbers

1. Matt Ryan 9 games 2,980 YDS 69.6% 23 TDs 4 INTs QBR 119

2. Drew Brees 8 games 2,689 YDS 69.7% 21 TDS 5 INTs QBR 106.7

I think it's pretty amazing what these two NFCS QBs are doing. Too bad they don't have complimentary defenses, then this league would REALLY be in some trouble.

I honestly don't think that Drew gets the recognition he deserves. ..

It irked me greatly on the TNF game when the announcers near the end of the game touted some stat (300 yd games?) that Ryan was EQUAL TO Brees this season.

Mind you, at that point Ryan had completed TWO MORE GAMES than Brees - funny the announcers did not mention that!

(NO had their Bye Week already, Atl had not; and of course Atl had finished the TNF game whereas the Saints had yet to play their Sunday game.)

Meanwhile.....in Carolina.....
6ee11acd57ae9dc1ad9c26307dc6190d.jpg

Not fixed enough though since no one's addressed the fact that a QBR can't be higher than 100 and the OP probably meant to say "passer rating".

It's all about the wins and team performance.

Players on teams that don't make the playoffs don't win MVP.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom