Drew Brees/Saints sets NFL record (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
First team ever to have 10 receivers with 20 or more catches.

Actually we have a great shot at having 9 players with at least 30 catches (which definitely has to be another NFL record and even more impressive).

Colston......84
Moore........60
Meachem...43
Shockey.....41
Henderson.34
DThomas....30
PThomas....29
Graham......29
Bush...........29

Betts.......23

I need to dig up last year's stats, when we may have had 9 players with 30 catches.

We had only 7.

So I think it will definitely be an NFL record.

Last year's number was 7 targets with at least 35 catches, which tied the 1995 Dolphins. Having 9 targets with 30 each is pretty much ridiculous. (Good thing D Thomas already has 30; I could see him sitting again next week for safety's sake.)

Really have to wonder how people will look back on this team in ten, twenty years. Will they say this is the best offense in the history of the league? I mean we're witnessing all time type stuff here. Don't forget Brees came a couple yards from topping Marino's single season record just a few years ago.

I'm sure we'd have to contend with Brady and Peyton's teams but for this five year+ stretch we've been no worse than #3 in terms of yardage and points

Actually we have a great shot at having 9 players with at least 30 catches (which definitely has to be another NFL record and even more impressive).

Colston......84
Moore........60
Meachem...43
Shockey.....41
Henderson.34
DThomas....30
PThomas....29
Graham......29
Bush...........29

Betts.......23

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Drew Brees and Sean Payton.

Of course we know that already. Now how many other QBs could you see achieving this in the NFL today?

Colston......84
Moore........60
Meachem...43
Shockey.....41
Henderson.34
DThomas....30
PThomas....29
Graham......29
Bush...........29

Betts.......23

i would say it is a safe bet that Thomas, Graham and Bush all get a reception next week

Someone tell him that the other team doesn't count.
:covri:

21 int is a lot..

Kind of reminds me of Phoenix's character from Signs, "It didn't feel right not to swing."

Hearing Drew say, "It didn't feel right not to throw."

lol. Drew has struggled with interceptions this year but he'll be flawless in playoffs. Watch!

Don't forget the 2nd only QB to throw over 5000. And if he was a selfish player he could have probably bested the record, but he put the team first .... just 15 yards!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom