Drew Brees second most underrated NFL player (1 Viewer)

that list is pretty much ridiculous. Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, MJD.... come on.

There is not a single lineman, who would be my first expectation since they get talked about the least, but do some of the most important work on the field.

yeah phillip rivers is definitely not underrated, dare i say overrated lol, the media has a huge man-crush on him and a couple other people on that list (i.e. steve smith, brian westbrook, reggie wayne)

Westbrook and Rivers should be top 10 Overrated. Both are good players, no doubt, but they are usually considered as far closer to the top than they deserve.

That poll seems useless because if you look at the percentages next to the name it states that 5.3% of the 246 players polled believed Drew Brees was the most underated player. This means 13 of them thought he was underrated. It looks like when you get down to the bottom half of the list it only took 3 to 4 people to vote for you to make the top 10. All this poll tells me is that the players were all over the place when they picked the most underrated players.

So are these players that other players think don't get enough media attention? Or not enough actual attention on the field?

Estimating how much someone is under rated indicates all players are "rated"
somehow. All you have to go on is stats and win/loss record. The stats speak
for themselves.

Maybe the SI writer means "exciting" or "valuable" players. In that case, he is right.

If he really means "unsung" players that do a great job, why aren't any O linemen on
that list?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom