Driving with a dog in your lap (1 Viewer)

Is driving with your dog in your lap really an appropriate thing to do?

• No - these people are a menace

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Relax Karen, it's fine

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
I bring my dog(s) with me on some short trips (like a food pickup or something where I won’t leave him), I think they like getting out the house for a bit. If I had kids to pick up from school, that would probably qualify. As far as drivers seat, hellll no. They both know to stay in the passenger seat (the younger one is too big to fit anyway), for the exact reasons mentioned.

Yeah, to be clear I don’t think it’s that big of a deal to have a dog in the car - in a reasonable place, the driver’s lap not being such a place.

I saw recently that there has been a huge increase in service and emotional support dogs in the US. IMO as more and more people see these specialized dogs in the airports, schools, restaurants and public places they equate that freedom to personal family dogs.
Unfortunately they are also asking for it as any dog unrestrained in a car is an invitation to trouble. There is a reason for those safety belts.

This is so true. My biggest quirk are those who don't know how to properly turn in a median.
Mine are 4 way stops. There's a couple places where I have to go through those. People never know how it works so everyone just waits on the other one while waiving each other to go. I just go first every time while they figure out who's second.

Yeah, to be clear I don’t think it’s that big of a deal to have a dog in the car - in a reasonable place, the driver’s lap not being such a place.
We travel all over during the summer with ours in the truck. He knows his spot....back seat usually in the floor board. Every now and then he'll lay in the seat but he almost always lays in the floor board with his face near the a/c vent

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom