Eagles fans in the French Quarter? (21 Viewers)

Breaking news: Tourist football fans congregate in the most touristy, well-known street in a major city their team is playing in that weekend

Eagles fans always travel moderately well, but they aren’t “taking over” anything.

A few hundred Eagles fans on a Friday night will be drowned out by the legions of Saints fans driving in on I-10, I-55, Highway 90, and the Causeway come Sunday morning.

They can think they’re “invading” now, but once they get on Poydras and start that trek to the Dome and they start mixing in with that sea of black and gold from every cross street, it won’t be a mistake who’s the visiting fans.

They’ll try their little chants and songs when we’re on offense but won’t affect anything.

Are they taking over the quarter like Detroit did last year or are STH not letting those Seatgeek prices have you cashing in your tickets to Philly fans?! This weeks game, Saints vs Philadelphia is the hottest ticket on the market! Let’s get loud Sunday y’all, the 649 wall bangers will be doing our job!
Visiting teams always take over the quarter. Locals aren't really hanging there for a hand grenade and peep show. I'm glad they travel well and spend their money enjoying themselves.

FWIW, I can't go to the game due to family obligation. I made up for what I lost on the Carolina game for sure. I have no idea if it was a saints fan or an eagles fan who bought them. Oh well.

Visiting teams always take over the quarter. Locals aren't really hanging there for a hand grenade and peep show. I'm glad they travel well and spend their money enjoying themselves.

FWIW, I can't go to the game due to family obligation. I made up for what I lost on the Carolina game for sure. I have no idea if it was a saints fan or an eagles fan who bought them. Oh well.
Mmm Hand Grenade and peep show, the good ol' days...
I hope the Eagles fans are nice. I always consider them poorly because of Santa Claus.

It’s always funny to me when a few hundred visiting team fans come here to this tourist destination and are the only ones hanging out in said tourist areas that most locals avoid and/or aren’t decked out in their team gear cheering like lunatics while there on a random Friday, and these visiting fans think that’s an indication that they have “taken over.” 😂

I work downtown and they’re definitely here in numbers. I’d estimate probably 15-20k in the Dome on Sunday. Get in price was dirt cheap until about a week ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom