Eagles fans in the French Quarter? (24 Viewers)

Are they taking over the quarter like Detroit did last year or are STH not letting those Seatgeek prices have you cashing in your tickets to Philly fans?! This weeks game, Saints vs Philadelphia is the hottest ticket on the market! Let’s get loud Sunday y’all, the 649 wall bangers will be doing our job!

Too much gets made out of being upset with regular fans selling their tickets. Truth is, due to various reasons, whether it's Joe Schmoe selling his tickets for his own personal reasons or various team and league resale sponsorship deals (you think those StubHub and Ticket Exchange commercial packages don't come with ticket perks?), or random local companies that have decided to turn some profits with some of their tickets, there will ALWAYS be tickets available for every single NFL game. If a fan base decides to hoard them all for one particular road game, there is absolutely nothing that can be done to stop them.

Don't believe me? Go take a look at Stubhub.

For instance, arguably the most city-loyal team fan base in the league, the Packers, currently has a whopping 3,161 ticket listings for our game with them in December. That's on Stubhub alone; that doesn't count SeatGeek, NFL Ticket Exchange, etc.

If a team's fan base wants to come, they will come. Your fellow STH poster on SR is just a drop in the bucket compared to the big picture.

Posts like this are so weird. Would you prefer they not travel and spend their money in the city? How are tourists visiting a tourist spot "taking over?"
So weird huh, obviously you didn’t see the Detroit fans in the quarter last year or the 30,000 plus who were in the Dome! Those tickets were sold by STH’s… We need to keep the Dome Field Advantage!

It always feels weird to me when a city that is a year round tourist destination and where an indescribable amount of local businesses rely on tourist money has people complain about tourists coming.
Isn’t it weird how I made this post not solely complaining about tourist in the quarter but fans selling their tickets and having 30,000 visiting fans in the dome!

Isn’t it weird how I made this post not complaining about tourist in the quarter but fans selling their tickets and having 30,000 visiting fans in the dome!

In today's economy with Louisiana being one of the lowest average incomes in the country, I ain't judging anyone for what they do for a buck short of murder.

Mmm Hand Grenade and peep show, the good ol' days...
I hope the Eagles fans are nice. I always consider them poorly because of Santa Claus.
They usually are not too bad I always enjoy them because they are chatty but not in a mean way. Now Raider fans that is a different kind of chatty they are chatty looking for a fight. I think it was opening day in 2016 they had hoards of them in the dome. It was a good game Carr beat us at the end and after the game their were giant mobs outside the dome taunting saints fans and not the friendly kind of taunts either. Falcons fans kind of do the same thing too when they can get a W but again it’s more friendly back and forth.

Shockingly the worst run in I ever had with and opposing fan was a group of Panthers fans. We were walking out past them I had high fived a couple of folks in this group told them good game have a safe trip back and this lady in her 50’s with their group came charging up and started screaming F$&$ U at us then preceded to tell us she hopes our kids drown and die in a hurricane then asked us if we brought our tickets with a fema check. It was the craziest thing ever one second I am telling one of them how to get to a bar that isn’t on Bourbon Street the next we have this.

They usually are not too bad I always enjoy them because they are chatty but not in a mean way. Now Raider fans that is a different kind of chatty they are chatty looking for a fight. I think it was opening day in 2016 they had hoards of them in the dome. It was a good game Carr beat us at the end and after the game their were giant mobs outside the dome taunting saints fans and not the friendly kind of taunts either. Falcons fans kind of do the same thing too when they can get a W but again it’s more friendly back and forth.

Shockingly the worst run in I ever had with and opposing fan was a group of Panthers fans. We were walking out past them I had high fived a couple of folks in this group told them good game have a safe trip back and this lady in her 50’s with their group came charging up and started screaming F$&$ U at us then preceded to tell us she hopes our kids drown and die in a hurricane then asked us if we brought our tickets with a fema check. It was the craziest thing ever one second I am telling one of them how to get to a bar that isn’t on Bourbon Street the next we have this.
Lordy me that is wild, good thing there is such a thing as Karma, in this case it’s called Bryce Young

Barstool (insert city here) posts this stuff specifically because Saints fans get irritable about it - best practice is to give em an “all right y’all got it” and go on with your day.

So weird huh, obviously you didn’t see the Detroit fans in the quarter last year or the 30,000 plus who were in the Dome! Those tickets were sold by STH’s… We need to keep the Dome Field Advantage!

I’m sure there will be a lot of eagles fans because they bought the tickets dirt cheap before the season. Remember that secondary market for the panthers game? Quite a few empty seats for the season opener. It was kind of nice being able to spread out on my row a little. I’m betting all of those seats were bought up by eagles fans for tomorrow.

As an out of state saints fan who has been to 14 games there is never a time the opposing fans do t take over the Quarter. Raiders fans have been the worst

I was taking my friends around town. We got down to the French quarter and my god are Philly fans idiots. They don’t walk on the sidewalks. They just walk in the streets. They think the entire French quarter is a pedestrian closed off street lol.

I was in town for the Panthers game the year Cam Newton won MVP, game was a shootout IIRC. Anyway I was outside of the Bourbon Cowboy (my friend's first time in NOLA, and he's very into country music) smoking and talking with the doorman before he had to stop and have words with some Panthers fans who were inexplicably upset about something. First thing he says when he comes back to the conversation is "These ***** from Carolina are always the biggest pieces of ****, I don't care what anyone says, they're always trying to start something." Now that might not be a verbatim quote but if anything it's milder.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom