Earth (3 Viewers)

I thought I would tell you about yesterday and the bullfrogs.

Last night, yesterday, it was hilarious around here. The hundreds of bullfrogs who love under my house who mocked the thousands of quale who live in my yard.

Quale are funny birds. What happened is there was rain and snow, the grass grew in the yard tall. The grass grew taller than the quale, and when quale can't see other quale they stop and sound off that they are lost, they continue to cry out until other quale come and rescue them.

They are loud. Anyway the frogs under the house heard them crying out that they were lost quale in the field, "please help me."

Those smart assed frogs started to imitate the quale's cries for help. Pretty soon the frogs were drowning out the quale using the quale's song.

Bullfrogs do have a big strong singing voice. I barely survived I laughed so loud.

It's time to wake up this thread Sailorsaint. It's been sleeping too damned long.

There is a cat. There has actually been two cats, and nothing has been resolved about it. The Bobcat kitten who was there in January came and went. and now there is an American Forest Cat in her place. Forest cats are domestic cats who have reverted to the wild. Around here they are cats who have reverted to the wild several generations ago.

There have been Calico forest cats living in my barn for many cat generations. They belong there.

This cat is a very nice looking American forest cat, that she's a Calico means she's a female. Calico means female. She's amazing for just a tiny little kitten a few weeks old. When I see her out in the yard she looks like a great big super cat. But when I see her eating the food I've set out in food bowl I discover that she's not a giant cat like she looks in the field, she's just a small tiny (cute) Calico kitten.

So I feed her. She needs to grow up big and strong to live in my barn. Coyotes and wolves live here. Bears, lyons, and goats as well.

Goats are a big problem for small kittens. I take the side of the kittens and blame the goats. BTW- deer are goats.

Deer are nice, .but they are goats. If you have ever tasted deer, but have not ever tasted goat, they taste the same.
My nerd fact of the day. Calico means tri-colored not female. They are 99% female though since most of
a cats color is carried on the X chromosome. Calicos can be male if they carry the XXY which is extremely
rare. The same can happen in human males.

I thought I would tell you about yesterday and the bullfrogs.

Last night, yesterday, it was hilarious around here. The hundreds of bullfrogs who love under my house who mocked the thousands of quale who live in my yard.

Quale are funny birds. What happened is there was rain and snow, the grass grew in the yard tall. The grass grew taller than the quale, and when quale can't see other quale they stop and sound off that they are lost, they continue to cry out until other quale come and rescue them.

They are loud. Anyway the frogs under the house heard them crying out that they were lost quale in the field, "please help me."

Those smart assed frogs started to imitate the quale's cries for help. Pretty soon the frogs were drowning out the quale using the quale's song.

Bullfrogs do have a big strong singing voice. I barely survived I laughed so loud.
Just thinking the other day how I used to see frogs all of the time and now I can’t think of the last time I saw one out and about

Just thinking the other day how I used to see frogs all of the time and now I can’t think of the last time I saw one out and about
When Duck Dynasty was being aired, Frog legs were often on the Robertson's menu. Perhaps the popularity
of the show increased demand?

When Duck Dynasty was being aired, Frog legs were often on the Robertson's menu. Perhaps the popularity
of the show increased demand?
I guess that show has been gone for a while now, no one around town has called me Phil for years.

Other than being called Phil around town I've never seen the show.

Frog legs are apparently a developed taste thing. I've had them, but I would rather not.

You probably would see them around ponds. We're high and dry here, the frogs live underground. There's water if one goes down underground deep enough. They take over gopher burrows, and also dig their own. Snakes are what would catch them underground and eat them, but the surface birds seem to ignore them.

Some of the frogs are green, but most of them are red. They tend to be very small as well.

The bull frogs are big, but the true frogs are small forest frogs. They invade houses and hang out in the bathrooms, mostly in the toilet.

I open the window, then reach into the water, grab them and then toss them out through the window.

I find them to be a delicacy.
I found them to be kind of chewy. And I could taste swamp.

I would imagine they could be prepared to be quite fine. They can also be cooked into becoming something like shoe leather.

The one who prepared the ones I had was a real good cook, but not experienced with frogs legs.

I found them to be kind of chewy. And I could taste swamp.

I would imagine they could be prepared to be quite fine. They can also be cooked into becoming something like shoe leather.

The one who prepared the ones I had was a real good cook, but not experienced with frogs legs.
Yeah, they need to be marinated first. buttermilk is best imo. Buttermilk is also best with gator and oily fish
as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom