(EDITED) ESPN Fantasy Article: The New Orleans Saints' defense isn't really that good (1 Viewer)

replying to the comment on Ryan's INTs.
1. was a blantant inteference on Vilma
2. one was a desperation hall mary pass attempt
3. that one was a result of Vilma...give the saint's defense credit

so i don't count 2 INTs as part of good defense....

so by that logic, Ricky's runs weren't good because there was blatant holding on Vilma.

I like our defense. They bend, but they are aggressive and take chances. That's why we get so many turnovers. Not from luck.

So why are our turnovers destined to run dry? There's no LOGICAL reason for that to occur. We're not getting gifts all the time. We're making plays. And besides the past two games, our defense was shutting teams down for the most part. Which is more indicative of performance, 2 games or 5?

so by that logic, Ricky's runs weren't good because there was blatant holding on Vilma.

There's some goofballs on this board.

Um.. congrats?

Thank you. I guess I have to spell my sarcasm out for ya. This article was way too long for me to continue to waste my time on it. It was irrational and a waste of time. Harris is Fantasy Football analyst. FF has almost nothing to do with real football games. BUT if you go by FF stats, his arguement makes no sense because the saints have the #1 fantasy defense.

There, is that better?

replying to the comment on Ryan's INTs.
1. was a blantant inteference on Vilma
2. one was a desperation hall mary pass attempt
3. that one was a result of Vilma...give the saint's defense credit

so i don't count 2 INTs as part of good defense....

You want to count against the defense for a blatant pass interference and yet want to give credit to Ryan when his td was blatant offensive interference? As far as the hail mary pass, that is exactly the kind of pass that used to work against our defense but not anymore. This is a ballhawking defense that we have, let's just enjoy it.

Who's Christopher Harris?:idunno:

Copy THAT Big Frank! What we need do to win this Sunday is wrap up our tackles and be more protective of the ball. These are the areas which need "Cleaning Up" as Coach likes to say and the TEAM will do what it does and that is, produce points by air and land ( and sea should we play in water) tackle well and continue to ball hawk without biting on the play actions and good coverages as we've done all season long. It's not a matter of "being due" or a "trap game" it's one game at a time and playing intensely for that play!

We have the players we need to WIN this game and a few extras who are ailing and due back in a few weeks.

Sure, we have had some hard luck with injuries but we have prevailed. I see no reason for us to cower and shrivel up this W/E in our OWN SUPERDOME FIELD ADVANTAGE! The 12th MAN MUST be IN EFFECT! I have no doubt they WILL. So, I'm saying we win yet another tough game! It will be entertaining and it won't be an easy one. NO Division games ususally are, nothing new except THE SAINTS are a BETTER TEAM than they have been in any year past! 'Nuff SAID!

FF has almost nothing to do with real football games.

how stupid is this statement?

that's like saying New Orleans has nothing to do w/ crime.

Just 1 exceptional QB on our schedule: Brady

3 good ones: Romo & Manning & M. Ryan (manning has been playing w/a bum foot, and Ryan is up and coming)

4 Good QBs we are not playing in regular season: Manning, Rivers, Favre, Rothesburger

Maybe we should trade Brees to the Panthers before the game Sunday so our defense can play against an exceptional QB? Otherwise the season is meaningless.

This is one of the may reasons I hate Fantasy football.
Don't get me started.
Don't think the well will dry up on INTs.
Saints Pass D leads in many categories on record pace in some.
Soon as Ellis and Fujita are back RUN D will be back to form

FF has almost nothing to do with real football games.

how stupid is this statement?

that's like saying New Orleans has nothing to do w/ crime.

It's not stupid at all. If you have a RB who rushes for 150 yards at a 3.5 YPC and 3 1-yard TDs, he will get your fantasy more points than a RB who rushes for 100 yards at a 4.5 YPC and 2 40-yard TDs but the second RB helped his team more in the REAL game.

That's funny... this is a "Fantasy Football" analysis... I've had the Saints defense for the last few weeks and I've consistenrly been getting near 30 PPG form the Saints defense. Sure they've allowed a few points, but they also score TDs, get turnovers and sacks.

Horrible analysis from this "guru"...

There's some goofballs on this board.
Are you looking in the mirror? I cannot follow your "logic" at all other than you seem to be either a very young poster or a fan of a competing team trolling. You start saying we have not beaten a good QB and then make excuses as to why we should have beaten Eli and Ryan. In a later message you contradict saying they are good (i.e. second tier) QBs. Then you say you do not believe in beating QBs but beating teams, which complete renders your previous arguments a waste of space. What is it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom