Eggs (9 Viewers)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
I enjoy eating eggs: scrambled, boiled, omellettes, etc it doesn't matter. But I've only eaten chicken eggs.

I've always wanted to try ostrich or even emu eggs. But this got me to thinking, how different do eggs from different species of animals taste?

Are quail eggs vastly different from duck eggs in taste? Has anyone eaten any of these?

Also, would anyone be willing to try alligator eggs, crocodile eggs, snake eggs or even platypus eggs? If you have, can you tell me about the experience?

I enjoy eating eggs: scrambled, boiled, omellettes, etc it doesn't matter. But I've only eaten chicken eggs.

I've always wanted to try ostrich or even emu eggs. But this got me to thinking, how different do eggs from different species of animals taste?

Are quail eggs vastly different from duck eggs in taste? Has anyone eaten any of these?

Also, would anyone be willing to try alligator eggs, crocodile eggs, snake eggs or even platypus eggs? If you have, can you tell me about the experience?

All eggs taste differently. Ostrich has the most protein. Quail is used more as a delicacy in cooking. Never had duck. I only eat organic brown eggs. Generic eggs are no bueno.

You can buy jars of spicy pickled quail eggs pretty easily in SW Louisiana. People used to just keep them on their desks to snack on. They're good, but other than the size they're a lot like chicken eggs.

I eat a ton of eggs, they're cheap and high in protein. And you strike a preemptive blow in the war against chickens by consuming their unborn.

You can buy jars of spicy pickled quail eggs pretty easily in SW Louisiana. People used to just keep them on their desks to snack on. They're good, but other than the size they're a lot like chicken eggs.

I eat a ton of eggs, they're cheap and high in protein. And you strike a preemptive blow in the war against chickens by consuming their unborn.
this made me laugh out loud.

I guess my question is, if you were to scramble snake eggs, chicken eggs, croc eggs and quail eggs, could you tell the difference?

I hate eggs. Don't know why but always have. I'm not saying I have ovaphobia, but this thread is making me blorf.

That scene from Cool Hand Luke was like 2 Girls, 1 Cup for me.

this made me laugh out loud.

I guess my question is, if you were to scramble snake eggs, chicken eggs, croc eggs and quail eggs, could you tell the difference?

I've never eaten croc or snake eggs, but I can assure you that there's a difference between chickens, ducks and quail eggs. There's actually a huge difference between fresh never refrigerated yard chickens and what you get in the store.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6x-JVXkd8SQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom