Eli Apple/CGJ Picking on Tarik Cohen (1 Viewer)

Same stuff... I want us to be better than this chump... call me whatever you want... It's dumb.

ezgif.com-optimize-2.gif

I get what you're saying, and I certainlyrespect your opinion, but I think that's a little bit of stretch to call it the "same stuff" when Evans blindsided Lattimore with that spear to the back.

Not the blindside... That I can respect... That was a "man move"... Take up for my QB thing... Equally dumb, but at least respectable... I am talking about what Jameis did to Lattimore that started the whole thing... THAT was on the same level as this... Sophomoric, Dumb, Childish, and has no place on a Championship level team... I expect better from our guys than a "Jameis Winston-level Stunt".

Same stuff... I want us to be better than this chump... call me whatever you want... It's dumb.

ezgif.com-optimize-2.gif

They're not the same thing at all. Winston came off the sidelines to poke Latt in the back of the head when he wasn't looking and then Evans blindsided him. All that happened last night was our guys trash talked Cohen face to face after he started thumping his chest at them. This is not a big deal at all.

It was silly, unprofessional, and unnecessary... let him pound his chest in a lopsided loss... no need to even respond to the non-sense... they had already killed him all day... what was the point? To be a child about it? Be bigger (pun intended) , Be above that, Go celebrate a great win with your team... I'm sure he knows he's short... So was Darren Sproles.... it was dumb.

Couldn’t agree more. And it corresponded with our lack of focus and sloppy play on the field at the end of the game. We are better than that, or at least we ought to be.

Live I thought it was a way over your head type of thing. Like dude you and your Greg schiano wannabe coach just don't get it. It's called victory formation for a reason. Game is already over but keep beating your chest dummy. A mental mini more than anything. It was a very well played jab by our dbs.

ezgif.com-optimize-2.gif

That’s hardly the same.

Cohen, unlike Lattimore, initiated the entire thing. Winston also came off the sideline (big no-no) and made contact with someone (however slight) who wasn’t looking’s head.

None of that happened in this situation. Winston was clearly trying to start something and was much more aggressive than Apple of Gardner-Johnson.

Personally, I give the whole thing a shoulder shrug, but I guess I sort of get why some people didn’t like it. But still, it’s not the same as the Winston thing at all.

Not the blindside... That I can respect... That was a "man move"... Take up for my QB thing... Equally dumb, but at least respectable... I am talking about what Jameis did to Lattimore that started the whole thing... THAT was on the same level as this... Sophomoric, Dumb, Childish, and has no place on a Championship level team... I expect better from our guys than a "Jameis Winston-level Stunt".

How in the world is a blind-side cheap shot for no reason a “man move” and “respectable” but making a short joke and pointing to the score board to a guy talking trash during a blow out (after a losing play) so terrible?

That doesn’t seem to add up at all.

How in the world is a blind-side cheap shot for no reason a “man move” and “respectable” but making a short joke and pointing to the score board to a guy talking trash during a blow out (after a losing play) so terrible?

That doesn’t seem to add up at all.

In comparison... one is an act of emotion - in game - heat of the moment - protecting "my guy"....

The other is a childish, dumb, sophomoric-birch move that is an example of low character for no reason (Ironically not being the bigger man)...

Emotional responses are forgivable... the other is plain stupid....

I expect more from the guys on this team than to act like Jameis Winston...

JMO.

Carry on.

Last edited:
In comparison... one is an act of emotion - in game - heat of the moment - protecting "my guy"....

The other is a childish, dumb, sophomoric-birch move that is an example of low character for no reason (Ironically not being the bigger man)... emotion is forgivable... the other is plain stupid....

I expect more from the guys on this team than to act like Jameis Winston...

JMO.

Carry on.
It's all about tegrity

The game was getting chippy. Frustration was getting the better of the Bears and Cohen. Who knows what kind of jawing was going on all day. Easy to say from my seat that I wish our guys had taken a higher road, even if Cohen initiated it. But, in the heat of a game better judgement gives way to emotional reaction.

I'm still amazed at the composure that Latimore, as a rookie, showed with the Winston incident. As much as Winston tried to bait him, he didn't bite until the childish poke at the back of the helmet. Even, then he just calmly push him away. Then came Evans like a heat-seeking missle...

Last edited:
I remember seeing CGJ(I think) getting stalked by Montgomery with crazy eyes after a play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom