ESPN article on Bob Toledo (1 Viewer)

Okay maybe you have a point and that is that WE ALL have our idiots, but it doesn't change the fact : Tigers > Wave.

Last edited:
Never said I was a fan of Duke, but Duke > Springer

In what way? What makes someone great? This is merely an exercise in futility as both schools have produced hundreds of great men and women...but I'd like to see your justification for Duke > Springer.

Springer's personal, and heck even his political career, far exceed that of Duke...but I change my mind often, so let's hear the argument as to why Duke trumps Springer.

Last edited:
Okay maybe you have a point and that is that WE ALL have our idiots, but it doesn't change the fact : Tigers > Wave.

Edited that one a bit too late. I, like Oates, would like to hear the answer. Yes, we do all have idiots, and we do all have great people. The Tigers may have the better athletics program, but if I want a lawyer I'll call a Tulane alum...and who knows when I will need a lawyer. :)

But that's beside the point. I would still like to hear the Duke > Springer argument.

You get your lawyers from Tulane, the pros will call up LSU

I'm sure that's true...but those pros need someone to help them negotiate and sign their contracts...and thankfully for all the LSU players Tulane has one of the premiere sports law programs in the country so that they can help those Tigers find a way to get paid.

But quit dodging the question. Duke > Springer? How?

Lol, I hate David Duke, but with that said ... I can still make a case for him > Springer. "If you argue correctly, you're never wrong."

This thread has potential.

There is no potential...GS is clearly just going to dodge the question and hope that it eventually goes away with the use of clever one-liners. But I think Oates and I can wait him out. :)

See what clearly happened is probably a combination of some of the following: 1) in his haste to put down Tulane GS referred to Springer as the Pride of the Wave. Well of course Springer is not the Pride of the Wave. But let's not kid ourselves, Springer isn't some circus freak either. He's simply a guy who made millions and millions by giving America what it wanted. As a person Springer is a normal, political guy. 2) GS gives his Duke > Springer statement to show that LSU can never be beat even in the face of adversity, when in fact it's just idiotic to compare Duke and Springer and proves blind loyalty isn't always the best route. Probably the most applicable phrase here is that "Pride is the crutch of the insecure." GS seemed to be feeling quite insecure. 3) GS is simply too young to realize that saying Duke > Springer doesn't make you cool or loyal. It just makes you crazy. 4) GS has dug himself a deep enough hole now that he really can't go back on his loyalty now and must defend LSU to the death...though he did try earlier by editing his post. Too bad we were already watching. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom