Speculation ESPN picks Saints as the best landing spot for their top remaining free agent (N. Suh) (1 Viewer)

At DT, we already have Onyemata, Shy Tuttle, Malcolm Roach, Jaleel Johnson, Kentavius Street, rookie Jordan Jackson, and can bring back Jaylen Dalton, if we want to. We can also move any of our ends inside if needed. I say keep the money and develop what we already have. That is unless Such is willing to come in on a below market, team friendly deal ala Jarvus Landry.
Suh is likely better than everyone not named Onyemata. He’d be a phenomenal addition. Not a must…but it could be the difference between a championship and not.

Suh is likely better than everyone not named Onyemata. He’d be a phenomenal addition. Not a must…but it could be the difference between a championship and not.
Our DL was pretty rock solid with the guys we had last year so I don't think signing an aged Suh would make a massive difference. But still I wouldn't necessarily be against bringing him in. Just want it to be on a team friendly deal like Landry.

I would much prefer the Saints to use the bulk of the remainder of 2022 cap space to extend either Chauncy Gardner-Johnson or Marcus Davenport than sign Suh or another veteran.
This. If there's cap space available, let's use it to extend key players or MAYBE sign a RB, LB, or TE.

Our DL was pretty rock solid with the guys we had last year so I don't think signing an aged Suh would make a massive difference. But still I wouldn't necessarily be against bringing him in. Just want it to be on a team friendly deal like Landry.
Suh is a better pass rusher are the NT spot. Constantly one of the leagues best at pressures. He’s also an elite run stopper. He’s an upgrade, and would be at minimum be a nice rotational piece. Not a necessity but one of the few pieces available to that could upgrade the team.

This. If there's cap space available, let's use it to extend key players or MAYBE sign a RB, LB, or TE.
I don't know how much cap space we have left, but any of the suggestions that you made would be good. I wish we had the cap space to extend the players we need to, sign players at positions where we are still thin at or sign Suh. Any one of those choices would be great. I guess the Saints will do what's best, being's that it still looks like we are still in win now mode.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom