Evaluating the creation of the nation of Isreal (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Blackadder has often told me that the nation of Israel was founded on controverisal if not violent means. The problem of the Palestine situation is perhaps relegated to blame to everyone. I put a lot of blame on European anti-Semitism for allowing Zionism to start. We all know Jews were treated awfully for thousands of years becuase of supposed curses and beliefs that they killed Jesus Christ. that perception was drilled into millions upon millions of Europeans for centuries, some of which still exist but bcuase of different reasons. Maybe its the fault of the West in general that millions of Jews and other racially unfit minorities deemed by the NAZI state that caused maybe Jews to say enough we are not taking it anymore, we are sick and tired or being untreated unequally and unfairly by peoples that hate us. Maybe hate is apart of human nature that allowed indifference and hostility. I see a lot of problems in post World War II thinking in terms of America being seen as the world's superpower and made to mop up everyone's else mess. That thinking has gotten us involved in Vietnam, Korea, and now Iraq, but really after WWII who was going to do the clean up job? Europe was a freakin mess, tons of places were torn up Allied bombs and Europe was seen as the breeding ground of still bitter bitter feelings of anger and mistrust. Maybe we had to take up the charge of repairing hitler's deeds and I think, in all honesty. we may have made some crucial mistakes as well as some crucial calculating successes. Isreal may have been a good idea at the time in theory, but it has been a big time problem for many successive Presidents, both Demcorat and Republican. Many people say that the Jews are perhaps unfortantely always going to be targets of ****ed up racists and bigots who say they are the world's ills and that thinking unfortanetly is the reason why even criticizing the nation mounts to anti-Semitism. And who would blame these people? You dont want to be seen as an anti-semite or a bigot, and God only knows their are people who criticize Israel DO IT FOR RACIST MEANS, get that in your heads, the David Dukes and KKK's of the world are among the people who hate Isreal and criticize it. that perhaps is why more respectable people cant say anything becuase it hards to differentiate between a racist and a critic. That is a razor thin line I must say it is. And since Jews have been always seen as targets of left and right wing radicals, why shouldnt they be more wary of change? Becuase their thinking it has happened before, we got screwed once and we will get screwed agian. It will always happen, people are out to get us regardless, do they have a point?

I mean really do they have a point? Are Jews always going to be screwed because of who they are and what they are. Maybe they are right and maybe I am wrong. Maybe its human nature agian that I repeat it to you, maybe Jewish nationalists feel legitametaly they cant trust any body becuase if they did, the same thing would happen.

And why does it have to be that way? Why cant we look at the problem and say that both sides of the equation are right to a certain extent. Lets try and not kid ourselves that we all have a moral high ground on every DAMN THING out there, be honest, no politcal party has all the answers, I dont who the hell you are, if you are a liberal/ conservative, you are going to be wrong some of the time, if not a good majority of it lets try not to be self righteous and come up with real solutions instead of BS and more BS.

the nation of Isreal was founded perhaps on more then just politcal posturing IMHO, it had to do with a certian society in europe thinking that they couldnt co-exist with them, thats a key issue to deal with here, I try to not oversimplify but really if Europeans as a result were more tolerant of Jews for 2000 years maybe that would have changed something.

Maybe then its the hate that hate made, the hate that made, and you live with the consequences, regardless of whether or not you think you have the right solutions, or maybe its the human condition we live in, or maybe we just dont learn from our mistakes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom