Everybody but Pierre healthy for the Bengals game? (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
There appears to be a good chance of that happening.

If we could just get a little pt for PT in the Rams game, he could contribute down the stretch in those last all important 3 games.

I miss the "low center of gravity Dalton Hilliard-like moves"!

I tend to stay away from arguments and speculation in the last 6 months ( Andrus and the mods can attest, really). I've read the many post on P.T.'s injury. I'll say this. In the last 11 weeks I suffered a MCL sprain and am starting to get around with good mobility in the last 2 weeks( see the p90xthread:hihi:). Admittedly for the first 3 weeks I didn't rehab and thought it would go away on its own. In the same amount of time Reggie suffered a broken fibula and is back on the field. I've had bad high ankle sprains and rotor cuff strains that took a serious rehab, the rotato cuff admittedly took 6 months to get over due to my insistence on lifting weights because I felt OK. I didn't have cutting edge medical technology on my side. Just determination.

What ever is wrong with P.T. I feel pretty certain it has more to do with contract than injury. If there was any detachment of the ligament he should have been put on IR and the roster spot made available to someone who can contribute. I trust the Loomis and Peyton will sniff it out and act accordingly. Anyone riding the pine for a new contract needs to be on another team.

That's about all I got to say about that.

Somebody is tipping their hand on screen passes this year wether it be brees, an o-lineman, or the back himself. Brees has thrown it at the feet of the reciever because it was read defensively more times this year than all his previous years combined.

That being said, the one thing that sux about screens is: there are no progressions to the play. If it's not there.. play over. Brees can't look elsewhere because we would have illegal recievers downfield.

Either way.... someone's tipping their pitches....... gotta figure out who!

Somebody is tipping their hand on screen passes this year wether it be brees, an o-lineman, or the back himself. Brees has thrown it at the feet of the reciever because it was read defensively more times this year than all his previous years combined.

That being said, the one thing that sux about screens is: there are no progressions to the play. If it's not there.. play over. Brees can't look elsewhere because we would have illegal recievers downfield.

Either way.... someone's tipping their pitches....... gotta figure out who!

No, its PT is that good when running it, and has great chemistry with Drew. There is a huge dropoff with the other backs in the screen game. When PT gets back, that aspect of our game will be back too.:9:

I'm a huge Julius Jones fan now, but he sometimes tends to overrun his blockers on the screen passes/doesn't do that cutback. Pierre is just PERFECT when it comes to screens...

I just hope sharpers injury is really a pulled hammy instead of his knee. I'd love to see him back active. The entire defense plays with a different swagger when he is out there. He was flying around like a mad man in the one or two games he played. He could be huge down the stretch, especially if jenkins or Harper get dinged again

I am totally disgusted by this whole situation. PT is one of my favorite players and all Saints fans are disappointed by this thing, but I think there's some issue other than the injury involved here. I predict that we don't see him in a Saints uniform for the rest of the season, and maybe never again.

I miss the "low center of gravity Dalton Hilliard-like moves"!

I AGREE..............ALWAYS SAID THIS.
<!-- / message -->

I am totally disgusted by this whole situation. PT is one of my favorite players and all Saints fans are disappointed by this thing, but I think there's some issue other than the injury involved here. I predict that we don't see him in a Saints uniform for the rest of the season, and maybe never again.

Naw, man Pierre is not that kind of player. He obviously has a torn ligament, which takes many weeks to completely heal. All the best scanners and doctors can't always diagnose a damaged ligament. The best diagnosis of all is when a sprain takes many weeks to heal, it's probably a ligament tear.

If Payton thought Pierre would not contribute any more this year, he would no doubt put him on IR so he could activate another needed player. (like Galette for example)

PT is great on those screens (maybe the best) but he's very running out of the backfield too. He practically never gets tackled by the first contact and very elusive too. His only weakness is the injury thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom