Excited about our pick at 24? (1 Viewer)

Forget about this QB urgency, I just hope Cole Kmet TE is the #24 pick or K'Lavon Chaisson or Zack Baun as a young blood LB that is needed, any one of the three would be excellent in the NFL and NFL ready this September.

I like Chaisson. I’d play him @ SAM. His pass rush n coverage ability are both well advanced

Really? I didn’t watch much of him at LSU... I watched most games, and he flashed as a pass rusher, but I never noticed him in coverage... Did he do well in coverage?

I’ve seen him cover guys a few times. He looks fluid. It’s not always easy to notice but it seems to be 1 of his strongsuits

Pass rushing LB with cover skills would be like hitting the lottery. I would really hate for us to draft a QB or RB in the 1st round. Both can be had in the 4th round if we have a pick. This draft is very deep and there will be stunners that did not get drafted and we all know who is the king of attracting UDFAs. :yes:

Zack Baun and K'Lavon Chaisson seem to fit the Jamie Collins mold, who was an early target in free agency.

I think the pick will be WR, DB, or LB.

I would love the Love pick , if he's there! A year or 2 under Brees and Hill couldn't hurt!

The Saints will have a few of these players to choose from.

WR Henry Ruggs III, Alabama
WR Justin Jefferson, LSU
WR Denzel Mims, Baylor
WR Laviska Shenault, Colorado

LB Patrick Queen, LSU
LB Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma

LB/DE K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU
LB/DE Zack Baun, Wisconsin

DE AJ Epenesa, Iowa
DE Yetur Gross-Matos, Penn St

CB Kristian Fulton, LSU
CB CJ Henderson, Florida
CB Trevon Diggs, Alabama
CB Jeff Gladney, TCU

S Grant Delpit, LSU
S Xavier McKinney, Alabama

The Saints will have a few of these players to choose from.

WR Henry Ruggs III, Alabama
WR Justin Jefferson, LSU
WR Denzel Mims, Baylor
WR Laviska Shenault, Colorado

LB Patrick Queen, LSU
LB Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma

LB/DE K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU
LB/DE Zack Baun, Wisconsin

DE AJ Epenesa, Iowa
DE Yetur Gross-Matos, Penn St

CB Kristian Fulton, LSU
CB CJ Henderson, Florida
CB Trevon Diggs, Alabama
CB Jeff Gladney, TCU

S Grant Delpit, LSU
S Xavier McKinney, Alabama
Not much going on, so I’ll attempt to rank my top 10 players I think could possibly make it to 24.

1. LB K’Lavon Chaisson, LSU
2. LB Zack Baun, Wisconsin
3. CB Kristian Fulton, LSU
4. CB Jeff Gladney, TCU
5. WR Justin Jefferson, LSU
6. WR Denzel Mims, Baylor
7. LB Patrick Queen, LSU
8. LB Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma
9. S Grant Delpit, LSU
10. DL AJ Epenesa, Iowa

Personally i'm excited for all the picks !
Because you can easily get a steal in the later rounds,

S/CB/SLOT/DB Antoine Winfield Jr. If the process wasnt killed by this virus madness, I have zero doubt that he'd be this drafts biggest riser. In terms of DBs, Jr. is arguably the most versatile player at his position. W/Williams on the last year of his rookie deal, and M. Jenkins being 32yrs old, I can see an underrated talent like Winfield Jr. being the darkhorse pick at 24. In my opinion, this dude is a better version of Chauncey coming into the pros, and I absolutely LOVE CJGJ!

Jr. literally does EVERYTHING in the secondary. He balls as a single high, playing the robber, at Strong, and at the Slot S positions all the same. He even returns punts and kicks, and also plays on the the coverage teams. Watch his film, it's all there in plain sight. That's the exact kind of versatility that's become synonymous w/our most recent draft picks. Plus, he's a bloodlines player. Then he aced the Combine in both the athletic tests and positions drills. I think Winfield Jr. is best kept secret of this draft. Sucks that he wont get the chance to elevate his stock, cause he's 100% a 1st RD talent. Would love for us to be the ones who land him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom