Eye Tattoo (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I had no idea this was a thing, did anyone know that this was a thing?
============================================================

The decision to walk into a tattoo parlor and have someone needle-inject ink into the whites of your eyeballs is a bad one. That's according to ophthalmologists, a person who has had the procedure and even the guy who says he invented it.

Sclera tattooing, also known as tattooing the whites of the eyes, is so ill-advised that ophthalmologist Philip Rizzuto, a spokesman for the American Academy of Ophthalmology, is disappointed he even has to talk about it.

"I would strongly recommend against it," he said. The practice, he warned, can cause people to go blind and even lose their eye...........

Like a tattoo on your arm or hand, sclera tattoos involve placing ink within the skin, said Rizzuto, a clinical professor of surgery at Brown University. He explained the ink is injected into a very thin layer of skin called the conjunctiva, which covers the whites of our eyes. The result is the whites of our eyes change colors. It's as permanent as any tattoo.

Rizzuto said the danger lies in the inexperience of the hand holding the needle.

"Putting any kind of needle on the eye is very dangerous," he said. "We do that all the time, but we're trained for 12 to 18 years how to go about treating the eye."..............

Yeah, it's been a thing for a while.

The pics of the girl with the light blue eyes are retouched. IRL it looks horrible even by tattoo standards.

Last edited:
I have never used this response before in this type of context but I think it fits when I say ........
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. No.

There was a time when "Don't tattoo your eyeball" was not only an unnecessary warning it would have been a total non sequitur but here we are

There was a time when "Don't tattoo your eyeball" was not only an unnecessary warning it would have been a total non sequitur but here we are
Cross my heart and hope to die.
Stick a needle in my eye.

You're right. Sticking a needle in your eye used to be a bad thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom