Failcons Hate Question (1 Viewer)

draftfreak

Dreamer of Dreams
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The other day a neighbor and I went to Lowe's in Houma. Afterwards, he wanted to go over to Home Depot. I told him I don't shop at Home Depot ever... He asked why, and I told him Arthur Blank owns Home Depot and the failcons. He said he didn't care, but that he is a Saints fan. I told him he must be a bandwagon fan at best if he's willing to give money to the failcons. I didn't go with him.

Anyway, my question is simple: am I the only one here who won't shop at home depot because it's a failcons store?

I'm old enough to truly remember the old NFC West days and I honestly still hate the failcons and the 40-whiners equally, but I still won't shop at home depot. Is it just me?

Grumpy Old Manatee

Call me Hugh.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It is my understanding that he only owns (approximately) a 1.5% stake in Homey Depot (which isn't exactly chump change, but still...). I believe he is also the Chairman of the "PGA Superstore" chain/brand, as well as owning the Falcons, an MLS team and the hideous stadium in Atlanta.

While there are some businesses that I will refuse to patronize due to their ownership or ethics, HD isn't one of them. I live roughly 1 mile from a Home Depot and about 1.5 miles from a Lowe's. I choose to go to HD most of the time because they are better stocked and their employees seem better trained to assist customers. This may not be the case everywhere, but it is near me.

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I would never shop at Home Depot in Atlanta or even Georgia but that’s the limit of my hate.

Buickman

Super Forum Fanatic
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My town has a Lowes and no Home Depot, so it's not even optional unless I want to drive another 30 something miles or so.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I would never shop at Home Depot in Atlanta or even Georgia but that’s the limit of my hate.

Living in Atlanta, I try like heck to avoid it but sometimes it has what Lowes doesn't or a better quality something than what Lowes has. It's rare though. Usually, I make the drive.

Reaction score
Home Depot currently takes in more than 100 billion a year in revenue.

your $50 will surely not be missed.

nelopiceral1

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
There was a year or two where I avoided Home Depot, but I gave up on that. I actually think Arthur Blank is a pretty decent owner. It's just unfortunate that he owns such a mongrel team, but if he owned a different team I'd like him more. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom