Favorite "Unknown" Movies? (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What movies do you love that not many people have seen? Movies that when you finally get someone to watch they're amazed?

I have quite a few of them, here are a few

Deathtrap - Michael Caine & Christoper Reeve. Great movie, very quotable and Everyone I've shown it to loved it.

Moon - Sam Rockwell. Very Well Done.

Sunshine - 80% of a great, classic movie. Then they sold out and went for the standard hollywood thriller.

Castle of Cagliostro - Lupin the 3rd. This and Cowboy Bebop are the animes i show to people who haven't seen anime or think they hate it.

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. Hard to watch but excellent

I haven't seen it in a while, but "Best in Show" was damn funny at the time.

I haven't seen it in a while, but "Best in Show" was damn funny at the time.

That was a great movie!

In college I always liked "She's the One". No it's not a cheesey teen flick :nono:

211147.1020.A.jpg

it's hard to come up with great movies that don't have at least a cult following.. there was a time when i would've said Office Space, but then everyone discovered it on DVD.. same with Memento, and The Shawshank Redemption.

i find that there are more diamonds in the rough among documentaries-- the funniest documentary i've ever seen is The Aristocrats.. and in a similar vein, i highly recommend Comedian with Jerry Seinfeld.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436078/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0328962/

Sunshine - 80% of a great movie. Then they sold out and went for the standard hollywood thriller.

Completely agree with you on this one. I remember watching that movie, loving it, but then like 20 minutes until the end of the movie wanting to stop everything to see if I had somehow flipped it to another movie. The last 30 minutes ruined that movie.

Lucio Fulci's 1980's sword and sorcery non-epic "Conquest". At the end of the day, it's pretty terrible, but it features the following:

1- The villain is a topless woman in a golden mask. She never gets dressed the entire movie.

2. There are drug using werewolves.

3. Extremely gory! Early on a woman is ripped in half in brutal detail.

4. Weird snake sex.

5. A barbarian who says he hates all men, but then immediately befriends the hero then takes him to these cavewomen that he hooks up with every time he passes through.

So yeah, it's terrible, but it's pretty unknown and has a certain charm you can't escape.

Poster:

conquest_fl.jpg

Picnic at Hanging Rock

Perhaps the most beautiful movie ever made

1. Start the Revolution Without Me

2. Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things

3. The Third Man

4. King of Hearts

5. Pride of the Marines

Brick . A noir film in a high school setting. The director (Rian Johnson) and the lead (Joseph Gordin-Levitt) just wrapped up a movie in NOLA a couple of weeks ago.

Igby Goes Down. About the closest adaptation of Catcher in the Rye there is. (not to mention a stellar performance by the "other" Caulkin)

Magnolia. In my opinion, P.T. Anderson's best movie.

The Seven Samurai
. Seriously, if you have never seen it, it is an absolute must. Kurosawa is a complete genius. The Magnificent Seven is a straight rip off and poorly done comparatively.

Double Indemnity. THE classic noir film. Also may want to check out The Third Man and Chinatown to really nail the genre.

M. One of the first movies to use sound, and an otherwise brilliant movie.

Gone Baby, Gone. This may sound like a surprise, but an excellent, excellent movie collaboration by the Affleck brothers. Not only this movie, but also The Assassination of Jessie James by the Coward Robert Ford, Casey Affleck shows he's a helluva actor. It's crazy he isn't in many movies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom