Fazende: Five Takes On Saints 2024 Draft Class (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Fox8live.com: Sean Fazende gives his 5 takes on the Saints 2024 draft class in the video and the follow-up writeup below:

Take Four: Payton Trade Officially Complete

When the Saints selected McKinstry, it officially completed the team’s trade for former coach Sean Payton with Denver. In the end, the Saints got Bryan Bresee and McKinstry in exchange for Payton.

We’ll see how their respective careers pan out. But on the surface, it doesn’t appear to be a bad deal. At worst, the Saints should have two steady players on their roster for a coach that no longer wanted to be in New Orleans.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Payton has a coaching record of 17-17 in his last 2 years at the helm as a HC. The Saints have a 17-17 record in the last 2 years since he left. He walked out on the Saints with no definite direction other than he didn't want to be here anymore. It was kind of like the guy that leaves his wife without being in another relationship but he's tired of the one he is in and he's never coming back.

In the divorce settlement the Saints got some draft capital and they have parlayed that into the players named above: Bryan Bresee and Kool-Aid McKinstry.

The Saints were fortunate to have come away with what they did. Had Payton sat out one more year the Saints would have got nothing.

Moving forward The Only Thing That Matters to the Saints is the play of Bresee and McKinstry.

It Doesn't Matter what Payton does in the future because he wasn't going to be here anyway, period.

So far, Bresee looks to be a solid #1 pick and could be a long-time mainstay at DT. Kool-Aid comes to the Saints as a solid prospect that should see playing time somewhere in the lineup in year one and beyond.

For me the Saints got a good settlement package that should be chalked up as a win in a what became a no-lose situation that has now come to a conclusion.

Last edited:
Good post by the OP.

Another thing is that DA appears to be settling into a more comfortable position. I don't think he was ever confident in the Pete Carmichael (CSP holdover) control of the offense. Now, he seems to be getting ready to get his groove on as "the man at the helm."

Time will tell, but so far... so good.

:gosaints:

What needs do we have? I could name some wants but not many needs. Penning at LT is the biggest question mark for me, but I'm willing to give him a shot. Need an insurance plan though.
ya hoping peat doesn’t sign for a while. if penning still stinks in practice the saints can make the call

He wasn't too excited about our picks. He said it was ok.

He wasn't too excited about our picks. He said it was ok.
He was meh about it. Gave it a B- mostly because they weren't able to make a move to obtain a pick in the 3rd round where they could have gotten a player of higher potential as far as being rated goes.

ya hoping peat doesn’t sign for a while. if penning still stinks in practice the saints can make the call
Hoping peat signs tomorrow so we can move on with other players. People on this board has complained for the last three years and then after we eat his cap they want him back. Let’s just move on and train some of the players we have up.

Fox8live.com: Sean Fazende gives his 5 takes on the Saints 2024 draft class in the video and the follow-up writeup below:

Take Four: Payton Trade Officially Complete

When the Saints selected McKinstry, it officially completed the team’s trade for former coach Sean Payton with Denver. In the end, the Saints got Bryan Bresee and McKinstry in exchange for Payton.

We’ll see how their respective careers pan out. But on the surface, it doesn’t appear to be a bad deal. At worst, the Saints should have two steady players on their roster for a coach that no longer wanted to be in New Orleans.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Payton has a coaching record of 17-17 in his last 2 years at the helm as a HC. The Saints have a 17-17 record in the last 2 years since he left. He walked out on the Saints with no definite direction other than he didn't want to be here anymore. It was kind of like the guy that leaves his wife without being in another relationship but he's tired of the one he is in and he's never coming back.

In the divorce settlement the Saints got some draft capital and they have parlayed that into the players named above: Bryan Bresee and Kool-Aid McKinstry.

The Saints were fortunate to have come away with what they did. Had Payton sat out one more year the Saints would have got nothing.

Moving forward The Only Thing That Matters to the Saints is the play of Bresee and McKinstry.

It Doesn't Matter what Payton does in the future because he wasn't going to be here anyway, period.

So far, Bresee looks to be a solid #1 pick and could be a long-time mainstay at DT. Kool-Aid comes to the Saints as a solid prospect that should see playing time somewhere in the lineup in year one and beyond.

For me the Saints got a good settlement package that should be chalked up as a win in a what became a no-lose situation that has now come to a conclusion.

Well, technically we got Bresee and McKinstry for Payton and our 2024 3rd rounder (which Denver used for Jonah Ellis, DE, Utah).

What needs do we have? I could name some wants but not many needs. Penning at LT is the biggest question mark for me, but I'm willing to give him a shot. Need an insurance plan though.
Well we have no pass rushe, our TE are dodgy, no fullback, our RB average 3 yards per carry, need a big WR, and most of our Oline is below average and we are counting on a Rookie to step up. So yeah, there are needs to fill.

Hoping peat signs tomorrow so we can move on with other players. People on this board has complained for the last three years and then after we eat his cap they want him back. Let’s just move on and train some of the players we have up.
lolll your right about that. i always liked him but i hated how much money he made

Well we have no pass rushe, our TE are dodgy, no fullback, our RB average 3 yards per carry, need a big WR, and most of our Oline is below average and we are counting on a Rookie to step up. So yeah, there are needs to fill.
I'd add linebacker and safety to that list

Good post by the OP.

Another thing is that DA appears to be settling into a more comfortable position. I don't think he was ever confident in the Pete Carmichael (CSP holdover) control of the offense. Now, he seems to be getting ready to get his groove on as "the man at the helm."

Time will tell, but so far... so good.

:gosaints:

Settling into his groove in year 6 as a HC.

There is NOTHING like the offseason as a tool to hallucinate ourselves into believing that what was, wasnt and what will be, wont. Life springs eternal. Which is sort of what I think every time I wake up and Dennis Allen is still a head coach in the NFL.

Dennis Allen wont be an iota better this year as a HC than any other year he hasnt been a decent HC.

Time will indeed, tell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom