First Pictures of the New "Spock" (1 Viewer)

I thought he was a pretty good choice for Spock. I like it when someone does their homework and goes out and grabs a relatively unknown actor/ess to play a well known role. Granted he's not that unknown (he plays Sylar in Heroes), but very few people know his name.

I think he is a great choice to play Spock. I can't wait to see the movie. Thank you for posting the link.

he looks terrible as does the kirk. also kirk was not the enterprise captain first and spock came to know him when kirk was assigned the position.

the needs of the many do not deserve the wants of the few (movie rebooting franchising and the new emo spock and kirk who looks like a total ivy league punk.) kirk was a rugged man who loves outdoors, now he looks like a cheesy ladies man. maybe they should have got ryan reynolds. Emo spock must go.

what i have to think about the new movie, spock and the new kirk is from the borg.

resistance is futile prepare to be eaten and be assimilated into my toilet from my cyborg rectum.

i will still probably see it.

Whoever designed that site is on acid.

Oh and: Star Wars>Star Trek

and TRON > Star Wars.

tron%20guy-thumb.jpg

Interesting, I will probably see it....

I used to laugh at pictures and stories like this until I saw how they can hurt someone’s feelings. Once I went to one of the Trek movies, its name escapes me; I usually do if there is nothing better out as I grew up on it. Anyhow, I’m there with my popcorn and all the usual stuff knowing it will probably be bad. The Usher to my seat was actually a nice little girl (14ish) who was wearing one of the uniforms, which in itself must have cost a fair amount. Looking around there were several kids doing likewise. What I gathered was these kids who have this fan club had volunteered to user people in costume for the experience, and possibly something relating to their club I’m guessing.

Anyhow, the “normal people” were anything but human, they picked on this little girl for what was like 15-20 minutes some even throwing popcorn and crap at her, I could see she was getting upset. Right then I decided how pathetic it was, not her, them. She took her own time to do this, probably at the most got a free screening of the movie and what does she get but a hard lesson at how people will do anything to single out the weaker or the different for ridicule. You could see she wanted to leave, but like the others she stayed, I was impressed quite a bit.

That little girl taught me more about being mature, at leaving those smaller or different than you alone. Who cares if these kids like that stuff, there are far worse things than a fascination with a TV show that is for the most part harmless.

So for my part, I don’t indulge in geek calling, in the ridicule f someone else over something as trivial as a TV show, If I had a daughter or a son I would much rather them wear an odd little uniform than be out there shooting up or perhaps hurting someone because they lack any sort of excitement in their lives.

I wish New Trek luck, it was a pretty good show in the day and as a writer Roddenberry (sp??) has a nice way of telling moral stories wrapped up in sci-fi. For my money I have seen most of them at one time or another, most escape me but number II was good as I recall.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom