FM Radio on Cell Phones (1 Viewer)

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Where has this been all the years I've had a cellphone?

My phone decided to take a swim in the river. I didn't have Insurance with Verizon. Didn't really want to do the payment plan or buy a phone from them outright for $600.
So I decided to buy a cheap unlocked phone from Amazon, the Moto G4 for $129. Well, since its not carrier owned, The FM radio chip is not deactivated. Listening to the FM Radio on my phone doesn't use Data and doesn't drain the battery as fast as IHeart or Pandora, etc..
I just want to say these cellphone companies are doing a big disservice to the public by not letting people have access to the FM radio chip that is ALREADY installed on every cellphone. But, they gotta sell that higher Data plan.

On another note, the Moto G4 I bought, for $129, would normally have been $199, but if you let Amazon put a small advertisement on your lock screen, you can save $70. So far, the Advertisement hasn't been an issue. I may never go back to carrier locked phones. As long as it can handle Facebook, Tapatalk (for Saints Report) and Browsing the Internet, its good enough.
Also had no idea that Lenovo bought Motorola.
Edit: probably going to be a bad person and remove the Amazon ads.

Didn't even realize my phone had that until we took the kids to a drive-in movie a couple weeks ago. The kids watched Spiderman out the back window with the car radio giving them that audio, I watched Baby Driver out the front window with my headphones in my phone. Beautiful.

What are you finding so enticing on FM radio?
Mostly listening to music at work. work wifi sucks, can't use the computers (security software blocks everything it seems). When I'm listening to mp3's, I find my self spending too much time skipping songs. Listening to Saints/LSU games while out and about without sucking up all my Data, especially while camping, less to lug around through the woods the better.
I'm most confused why they feel the need to block it from consumers.
I'm but a simple man. Sometimes the smallest things excite me...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom