Question For anyone that lives in the Chattanooga area. (1 Viewer)

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Are tourists sights (civil warbattields) open now and are the restaurants/motels open? I had planned a vacation back in April to visit the area but the Covid shutdown killed that visit. I am hoping to go in mid October, but just don't know if it worth the time.

Last edited:
Are tourists sights (civil warbattields) open now and are the restaurants/motels open? I had planned a vacation back in April to visit the area but the Covid shutdown killed that visit. I am hoping to go in mid October, but just don't know if it worth the time.
It’s Tennessee. You could probably go up and hug a 90 year old coughing, feverish veteran, then go teach 40 kids packed in a broom closet the next day

Last edited:
It’s Tennessee. You could probably go up and hug a 90 year old coughing p, feverish veteran, then go teach 40 kids packed in a broom closet the next day

That's not helping me. Please don't reply unless your giving VALID information.

Don't know about Tn, but the battlefields in Va are open, though I'm not sure about the visitor centers. I know the visitor center at Bull Run had been closed, but I haven't heard if they've reopened. You can go to the National Parks website and see if they're open in Tn. Hotels you'll have to do your own search.

Don't know about Tn, but the battlefields in Va are open, though I'm not sure about the visitor centers. I know the visitor center at Bull Run had been closed, but I haven't heard if they've reopened. You can go to the National Parks website and see if they're open in Tn. Hotels you'll have to do your own search.

Yeah, definitely check the website of each property you're thinking about visiting. They may vary and I think it will depend on the land manager. If it's a federal property (e.g. NPS) they will be on their own schedule by stages - but influenced by the local situation. State and local managed properties will follow the state and local rules, and private or NGO properties may have their own policies.

But the websites should say.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom