Former Saints on initial 2025 HOF list (5 Viewers)

Evans for sure

Allen had his best years in Philly and was still decent when he came to us, just old

Neal was a really good FB. Looking at the teams he was on, other than his years with us he had 1,000 yard rusher every season he started. Eddie George (TEN), Corey Dillon (CIN), & Tomlinson (SD).

Glover was a really good 3 tech DT. His best statistical seasons were with us. ‘98 10 sacks, ‘99 8.5 sacks 13 TFL, ‘00 17 sacks 18 TFL, & ‘01 8 sacks 10 TFL. After he left his highest sack total was 7.

Shockey maybe. If so it will be for his years with the Giants and Super Bowls. He did have his best competition % years with Brees though.

You're surprised Evans is on the list? He's a lock to make it, it's a matter of when. Durable, has the awards, top 2 guard of his era, and has a championship.
This. Absolutely this. If Evans doesn't make it into the HoF then why even have one? What more does a man have to do to get in?

5x All Pro
6x Pro Bowl
NFL 2010s All Decade Team
Super Bowl Champion

He was dominant, durable, and he played 12 years. What more could you ask?

Evan’s deserves it. Glover was so underrated, truly a game wrecking tornado on the interior d line.

From his wiki:

"Glover proved everybody wrong, especially our defensive coaches in New Orleans who initially thought he was too small to play in the middle of our 4-3," said former Saints president/general manager Bill Kuharich who gives credit to pro personnel man Chet Franklin for spotting Glover. "He turned out to be the greatest waiver claim in the history of the Saints."

Lorenzo Neal has best shot. I dont know if he gets in though. Ricky wasting his prime ruined his chances. Sproles nice player. The rest im surprised are even on list
Anybody can nominate anybody NFL player that has played and been retired for the requiste number of years. If the player you were expecting is missing from the list you can nominate him next year and he will be on the list.

This. Absolutely this. If Evans doesn't make it into the HoF then why even have one? What more does a man have to do to get in?

5x All Pro
6x Pro Bowl
NFL 2010s All Decade Team
Super Bowl Champion

He was dominant, durable, and he played 12 years. What more could you ask?
I hope so too, but OLineman do get overlooked from time to time....

Jim Tyrer
Ox Emmerson

Willie Anderson
Steve Winiewski
Nate Newton
Joe Jacoby
Ed Budde
Dick Schafrath
Bob Kuchenberg
Dick Barwegen
Tom Nalen
Al Wistert
Mike Kenn

This will be Evans third year eligible...

And he has one of the better resumes of the bunch
He was a semifinalist in 2023 (when the real voting begins)
and a Finalist in 2024 (cut to the top 15)

Last edited:
Lorenzo Neal has best shot. I dont know if he gets in though. Ricky wasting his prime ruined his chances. Sproles nice player. The rest im surprised are even on list
You must be too young to recall Le'roi Glover~! That Dude was always in BEAST MODE~! He'd always take a knee between snaps~! Looked cool as h377 and was a good way to catch some fresh air for the next havoc he'd bring~! Don't know about HOF but he'd have my vote~!

HOF votes are often sentimental (more than they should be), but for that reason I see Evans going in when Brees does.
None of those other guys deserve it.

Yep…we will also play in the HOF preseason game that year, at the now-named Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium nonetheless.

You can safely mark your calendars.

Curious why you think that. He was a good fullback but not sure what elevates him to become a HOFer.

Of that list, I think Eric Allen stands out. Six time pro bowler and currently 21st among the league’s alltime interceptions leaders; tied with HOFers Willie Brown and Darrell Green, and ahead of Deion Sanders and Champ Bailey.

You must be too young to recall Le'roi Glover~! That Dude was always in BEAST MODE~! He'd always take a knee between snaps~! Looked cool as h377 and was a good way to catch some fresh air for the next havoc he'd bring~! Don't know about HOF but he'd have my vote~!
Rickey Jackson had a hard time getting in. Profootball hall of fame is the most difficult honor to obtain. heck it took forever for Kevin Greene to get enshrined.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom