Fox Sports: Reggie has Left Ankle Sprang (1 Viewer)

it appeared to be a high sprain. that stinks. but he is a tough character.

Just went to NFL.com:

Saints rookie RB Bush injures ankle

NFL.com wire reports

NEW ORLEANS (Oct. 29, 2006) -- Saints rookie running back Reggie Bush injured his left ankle on a short reception late in New Orleans' game against the Baltimore Ravens.

Bush was wrenched to the ground by linebacker Bart Scott, who rolled over Bush's lower legs as the two spun down.

Bush sat on the field for several minutes and winced as he was examined by trainers. He then limped to the locker room with help from team staff.

Saints officials did not immediately comment on Bush's condition.

Bush had 16 yards rushing on five carries, four catches for 5 yards and threw an interception before the injury.

I hope its not serious, not sure what to make of it.

ddd

at leat ML can handle the punt returns..assuming out D stops anyone :p

Whether or not he is ready to go next week, I hope that they are smart enough not to rush him back. While I want to compete and make a serious run this year, I would hate to see him play injured and mess it up alot so that it becomes a career nagging injury. He is way too young and too talented to possibly jeopardize anything down the road. Get him healthy and then get him out there.

I'm glad its just a sprain. When I saw him down on the field I was thinking "here we go again". It was last year when we were already down big to Green Bay when Deuce was lost for the year. You hate to see injuries to starters during what is basically garbage time.

Payton said in his press conference that Reggie was good and his injury was negative.

update on NFL.com

NEW ORLEANS (Oct. 29, 2006) -- Saints rookie running back Reggie Bush injured his left ankle on a short reception late in New Orleans' 35-22 loss to the Baltimore Ravens, but later said he still expected to play in Week 9 in Tampa Bay.

"I'm looking forward to" playing, Bush said after limping from the shower to his locker following the game.

Bush was wrenched to the ground by linebacker Bart Scott, who rolled over Bush's lower legs as the two spun down.

Bush sat on the field for several minutes and winced as he was examined by trainers. He then limped to the locker room with help from team staff.

"I just sprained my ankle a little bit," Bush said. "It hurt at the time obviously but it's feeling better now."

Bush had 16 yards rushing on five carries and four catches for 5 yards, but also fumbled and threw an interception before the injury.

It was his worst game of the season.

"We didn't touch the ball a lot because of turnovers, and the fact we didn't get many first downs, that didn't help," Bush said. "They held us. Their defense played well."

The same guy who said he wanted to give Reggie a "Welcome to the NFL" type hit happens to injure him when the outcome has already been decided. Hmm....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom